• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Maybe some advice, please?

Stukadriver

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 14, 2011
Maine
Have been playing RO2 most every night and do enjoy the escape into another reality. I am curious, perhaps I am doing something not quite right...I do not see "The Old Gits" server anymore...is it gone? I really like to get on the 2FJ server because of the high number of "real" people in it and the attitude of the players is good. Seemed like The Old Gits had the same qualities. Also...the new maps do not seem to be in the rotation like they used to be. How does that work? Will they become part of the regular rotation of maps or are there procedures or something to get into them again? I think I played all the new ones at one time but do not see them like I used to. I like the Beta, Malmayev (sp)...hopefully that will become available soon.
All in all...am enjoying the game very much and hope more people will join in.

The Old Gits server seems to be down at the moment.

Map rotations are at the whim of the server admins. Some servers allow map voting, some do not. New maps are having trouble with redirects and a few other anomolies, so servers running them may be limited.

If you start up the RO2beta, you will only see servers running the beta. That will generally only be 2 to 4 servers.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the replies. That's too bad about Old Gits. I hope it does work out to be active again. I am looking forward to the improvements from TWI. Although I was quite impressed with the game as it came out. I cannot imagine it not being a strong game for some time to come. I sincerely hope the developers keep at it as well as the clever people who know how to map and modify. Don't "Maddoxize".

Upvote 0