• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server MaxInternetClientRate

SQHQ

Jul 4, 2017
How can i bypass "MaxInternetClientRate=10000" witch seems to be locked and clients are suffering from choke when to many zed's running around. My Bandwidth is 100Mb up/dl and cpu hardly reaching spikes of 50% usage on affinity single core setting. I'v tried every possible settings for the pass few days and i hope someone can help me out put some light on this issue. I'm running Sandbox with 400 Zed's running around the map.

NikC-;n2299569 said:
400 zeds at the same time or 400 zed wave?

400 Zed at the same time , for example if i do solo listen server 400 zed's i have no lag issues around 100 fps so it must be the client rate. Also netspeed 30000 or 99999 does not do much for clients besides bypassing fps lock. EDIT After a lot a research i discovered that the max rate of 10000 is hard coded into the engine, now is there anyway to bypass that ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
NikC-;n2300114 said:
400 zeds will lag every client PC, no matter what variables you change. Set adequate amount of zeds and start to use dedicated server for more stability.

you have no idea about networking please stop replying with stuff like "use a dedicated server" and such. Simple question: Is there a way to bypass "MaxInternetClientRate=10000" without using some memory hack

Upvote 0