• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Map cycle problem

I had a problem with the map cycle being empty in game, when the map cycle was active in webadmin. I found out what was my mistake but I also think webadmin has a problem with map cycle management.

I created a second map list with only TE maps in it, made it as active, and deleted the original N°1 map list. So during map voting it was referencing a non existent map list I think, map list being empty in game. I resetted config filse (for the multiadmin problem I had because enabling multi admin apparently breaks things in webadmin currently) and simply modified the original maplist and did not create or enable another one. See if it fixes your problem (don't really know what it was), look in config files and see which maplist is active in it, in ROGame.ini see if you have bUseMapList=True first and verify the different map cycles GameMapCycles=XXXX, if you created multiple ones and verify which one is active ActiveMapCycle=XXX, for me it only worked with only one GameMapCycles=xxx (the other one seemed to be far away in the config file not directly after the first one, first one being mapcycle 0, second one being 1, third one being 2 and so on..) and ActiveMapCycle=0 (like a default installation, with only one map cycle). I think the problem was making my second maplist as active, then deleting the first one. I think I should have made the mapcycle as active again to make then ActiveMapCycle=0 again instead of 1.. Maybe it simply does not change ActiveMapCycle=XXX, when you have multiple ones and stay on ActiveMapCycle=0 Honnestly don't have time to troubleshoot it further, I contacted TWI about that let see if they find the problem.

PS: also the Use Maplist: NO / YES in web admin always shows as NO when you save it as YES, but check out the config file it will always say bUseMapList=True

Last edited:
Upvote 0