• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

**Maneater post game ideas**

NM8R-KJC

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 21, 2020
Can we all agree that there needs to be things to do after beating the game while we anxiously wait for patches, updates and hopefully some DLC.

Though its enjoyable and relaxing to swim around and terrorize everything in and out of the water, and it's cool checking out all the details within each area, we now need something extra to keep the adventure fresh and the accumulated materials and upgrades meaningful.

Here are a few ideas I had while swimming around after beating the game, these are not story DLC pack ideas, they are merely just gameplay updates:

*Area Mini Quests*
Allow for apex predators to be resurrected and /or implement a system where random creatures would become a new problem. For example: It would randomize in the same way as encountering an albino of the species, only their level would be raised and they would become more aggressive. This would be part of a specified *hunt* for each area, and after hunting down a specified amount of these aggressive creatures the player would be awarded a an upgradeable skin to use. Whether the skins would have traits is an idea as well. Each area would have it's own set of randomly generated aggressive creatures and awarded skin upon completion.

*Treasure Hunt Quest*
We searched out and found license plates and material caches which were marked on our maps. I would like to suggest the idea of a TREASURE HUNT QUEST. Pretty much the same idea as what we did with the plates and caches, only now there are a specified number of 'treasures' to find in each area, and once completed will unlock a new 'something' for us to spend our points materials on.

*Other ideas
-New moves/attacks
-Addition of new species
-Give players a reason to continually fight off hunters. Ex: after set number defeated will unlock 1 additional color or ???? to purchase with materials.

These are just a few ideas, PLEASE feel free to comment or add more suggestions.

Maneater is a GREAT game and way too good to just become stale, boring and pointless after completing it.

**Let's help give em AWESOME ideas to give this GREAT game some serious replay value**

-Apex preds re-spawning after a set time would be nice. You won't be in every area at all times so it adds a sense of realism that another would replace you.

-I think a new game+ addition would be really sweet. Could have evolved or mutated versions of the apexes and predators, upgraded hunter boats and toxic areas(like when Pete poisons one but multiple areas, each having a different effect).

-I've seen a few posts suggesting a hardcore mode. I think it could potentially work. Have more preds and hunters but less prey. Have prey not give as many fats/proteins/minerals and heal less. Along those lines.

Last edited:
Upvote 0