• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Maneater Known Issues PSA

I am one of the players with issues with the PS4 trophies. Some collectables did not register with me, but that got fixed with the two hotfixes. Now I am stuck with 100% of everything (evolutions, landmarks, etc.) bute the trophies do not come.

After hotfix 2 I got Queen of the Ocean / Queen of the Wasteland to pop by opening one of the gates but Sciene Experiment, Tourist and the Platinum still do not unlock. I tried multiple times fast traveling to all locations, swimming manually to all locations, doing fights, leveling up evolutions... nothing worked.

Is there any hope this will be fixed? Just curious because I would very much apreciate my well earned Platinum but I would like to know if this will be fixed or if I can use the HD space for something else. This one should not be too hard to fix, I think: Just put a trophy check in that checks for not unlocked trophys if requirement is fulfilled when you load your savegame.....
I have the same issue on PS4, but I also can't get the Vacation from Hell trophy to pop as well. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, went through all gates, went through all areas. Like the previous user, Queen of the Ocean popped after hotfix 2. I've also submitted a ticket for this too.

Upvote 0
On Xbox, the game will freeze on the loading screen, in the grotto, transitioning to different levels, and when jumping out of the water sometimes. Currently, I'm such on a loading screen and the icon is still moving, but I don't think it's actually loading. I hope you guys can get this fixed, I just absolutely adore this game

Upvote 0
I've uploaded a decrypted PS4 save file (ue4savegame.ps4.sav) to: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rfh-z6Aby7PqDRIv8Pav-XviPqV4laRt/view?usp=sharing

Hopefully it can help to resolve the issue.

Notes for save:
  • Started and played through the whole game on v1.05 (PS4).
  • Found all collectibles, reached infamy 10, completed all the Apex hunts and unlocked all trophies except the platinum and "Science Experiment".
  • Only 1 evolution which I'm missing seems to be: " Mineral Digestion" for reaching Infamy 3.

@Yoshiro any update on this? Did someone from the team look at the save file to see if there was some flag (or similar) that didn't get flipped to trigger the unlocking of the trophy?

You mentioned PS4 saves weren't useful because they "are locked to a profile", I decrypted my save. While I can't find a PC save to compare to it can be easily seen that the save I linked is decrypted due to the plain text strings throughout.

Upvote 0
After quick travel, I've got a crash and I lost the save data from the slot. I played on the newest build of the game.
I have my backups but they do not apply to any slots at all.

I was looking forward to this game and I just bought it last week but I won't play it until the fix is pushed. I'm too scared of losing my saves each time I would play the game.

Reactions: KillerUnleashed
Upvote 0
I cant 100% dead horse lake, it says I havent done the quest "take a bite out of organized crime" well it says ive destroy target 1/1 but the quest is still there and keeps going evey time I spawn there. This is on the ps4, I was planning in doing the platinum but it won't let me complete it unless that quest goes?

Upvote 0
I was about to do Royal Flush. I grabbed a Mako shark on the way and halfway through eating the Mako I could no longer bite. I can still zoom on the map and I tested my controller using a website that tests inputs. Controller isn't the problem.
I closed the game and restarted the ps4 for good measure and that fixed it.
Hope this helps anyone else this might happen to.

Upvote 0
Sadly, yes it is. The amount of people who experience it currently compared to the amount of owners or active players is very low. We are trying to find reliable ways to reproduce it in house so we can determine what is happening and fix it, but so far no player has been able to provide us with any insight into that.

Upvote 0
They do exactly that, but sadly not every issue is found this way. Often times there is something very specific about an issue be it in timing, hardware, software, that makes it much more likely to happen on one setup over another, which leads to issues that players find in the wild, that we do not experience in house. Getting players to help us find out what those things are allow us to identify the issues and work on getting them resolved.

Upvote 0
This post has been updated to reflect the next gen launch. Older issues have been removed, and players with older corrupt saves have been updated that creating a new game should clear their issues. We are still investigating if a retroactive patch can be created for those with those saves, but at this time we recommend a new game.

A new item has been added to this list that was discovered in the next gen versions.

Player camera gets stuck in the shark
  • There is a rare case where the player camera can get stuck in the shark after a cut scene. To work around, players need to quit to main menu and reload the save to clear this issue until a full fix has been released.

Upvote 0