• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Sound Making a soundmod/mutator

-=anders=-

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 24, 2005
Sweden
Hi guys, I also want to know how you import RO2 sounds and how I can replace them with my own sounds and make a soundmod to run on my server... :)

Would be very helpful. If there is a so called "sound forum" then I guess that would be for helping those who wants to make their own sounds and use ingame...

I have unreal editor 3 and trying to import UPK files with no success.. :(

Ok,

So I've got my hands on the SDK beta, wich is great.

I've found most of the sounds, the ones I can't really find are the 1st person shoot sounds, explosions and the echo/distant sounds.

I would like a sorta tutorial for how this sound system works in RO2 editor plz. :eek:

How do I make a new mod/mutator and how do I import new sounds to replace some existing sounds?

Upvote 0
Has anyone reached any progress to this? I found all the sounds including the 1st person sounds. Just go to a sound on Sound Cues, right click, and click "Fully Load" and it will give you the other sounds in the pack.

To the find the reverb details and all that, right click on a specific sound, and then go to "Edit Using Sound Cue Editor." However I have no idea how to use that, nor do I have any idea how to import or export sounds. I wish tripwire would release some sort of tutorial.

Upvote 0
Has anyone reached any progress to this? I found all the sounds including the 1st person sounds. Just go to a sound on Sound Cues, right click, and click "Fully Load" and it will give you the other sounds in the pack.

To the find the reverb details and all that, right click on a specific sound, and then go to "Edit Using Sound Cue Editor." However I have no idea how to use that, nor do I have any idea how to import or export sounds. I wish tripwire would release some sort of tutorial.
I know all of that aswell... And yes we need some serious hints on how to do this...

Upvote 0
Mutator wise, appearently the UCC compiler isn't working for RO2-sdk yet.

As for general guidelines, check out:
http://www.moddb.com/games/unreal-t...arning-1-my-first-unreal-tournament-3-mutator

Remember that UnrealEngine is pretty mature.. there are a TON of tutorial and instructions covering UT3 and UDK. The problem might actually be more weeding out UT2004/2003 mutators as I believe there is alot of little changes in packaging your code, but the actual workflow is probably very similar.

Upvote 0