• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Making a soundmod/mutator

-=anders=-

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 24, 2005
Sweden
Hi guys, I also want to know how you import RO2 sounds and how I can replace them with my own sounds and make a soundmod to run on my server... :)

Would be very helpful. If there is a so called "sound forum" then I guess that would be for helping those who wants to make their own sounds and use ingame...

I have unreal editor 3 and trying to import UPK files with no success.. :(

d3vovus

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 12, 2011
As soon as the sound exprt/import tool is available I'll be hard at work on a sound mod, too.

-=anders=-

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 24, 2005
Sweden
Ok,

So I've got my hands on the SDK beta, wich is great.

I've found most of the sounds, the ones I can't really find are the 1st person shoot sounds, explosions and the echo/distant sounds.

I would like a sorta tutorial for how this sound system works in RO2 editor plz. :eek:

How do I make a new mod/mutator and how do I import new sounds to replace some existing sounds?

-=anders=-

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 24, 2005
Sweden
Yes, I'm on my way now.... This engine is crazy! Have never done anything like this, so im certainly gonna do my best now. I know how the system works now, I just need som clarifications that I'm waiting for. Like how this mod should be built and used, how I actually make a new mod (soundmod) etc. :)

d3vovus

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 12, 2011
Change the artillery and grenade sounds as a priority. I have some very nice loud explosion sounds with tight bass if you need them, just say and I will FTP them for you.

-=anders=-

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 24, 2005
Sweden
Yep, will change them for sure... Will post some examples later..

Still need help how to learn to make the mod. Script-wise and if I could use the existing scripts. HEEELP!

Sigh Duck

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 23, 2011
Has anyone reached any progress to this? I found all the sounds including the 1st person sounds. Just go to a sound on Sound Cues, right click, and click "Fully Load" and it will give you the other sounds in the pack.

To the find the reverb details and all that, right click on a specific sound, and then go to "Edit Using Sound Cue Editor." However I have no idea how to use that, nor do I have any idea how to import or export sounds. I wish tripwire would release some sort of tutorial.

-=anders=-

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 24, 2005
Sweden
Has anyone reached any progress to this? I found all the sounds including the 1st person sounds. Just go to a sound on Sound Cues, right click, and click "Fully Load" and it will give you the other sounds in the pack.

To the find the reverb details and all that, right click on a specific sound, and then go to "Edit Using Sound Cue Editor." However I have no idea how to use that, nor do I have any idea how to import or export sounds. I wish tripwire would release some sort of tutorial.
I know all of that aswell... And yes we need some serious hints on how to do this...

UncleDrax

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 13, 2005
Florida, USA
www.endoftheworldfor.us
Mutator wise, appearently the UCC compiler isn't working for RO2-sdk yet.

As for general guidelines, check out:
http://www.moddb.com/games/unreal-t...arning-1-my-first-unreal-tournament-3-mutator

Remember that UnrealEngine is pretty mature.. there are a TON of tutorial and instructions covering UT3 and UDK. The problem might actually be more weeding out UT2004/2003 mutators as I believe there is alot of little changes in packaging your code, but the actual workflow is probably very similar.

Cultivator

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 7, 2011
Siegfriedlinie/Germany
Hi anders!

Are you still working on a Ro2 soundmod? If so,... what about a little update?
You did a great job with yout ArmA soundmod and i would like to see something similar for Red Orchestra :p

Regards Culti

Last edited: