• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

M32 is not effective as a tier 5 weapon, need to be buffed.

Lids1984

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2019
China
steamcommunity.com
M32 grenade launcher as a top tier Demolition weapon are a less practical choice compared to RPG-7, if you use M32 you can Barely kill a HOE 6P FleshPound by a magazine. And against Scrakes are much harder and less effective than using RPG-7,

There’s some reason M32 are more suitable as a Tier 4 weapon than a Top tier weapon:

1. M32 as a trash cleaning expert is wasting money, M79, M16 and most effective Commando or Firebug teammate can do the job.
2. M32 has 15750 off-perk Total damage, a little bit more than RPG-7's 14400, but not enough as a top tier, and some miss shot and self defence will make M32's ammunition exhaust quickly.
3. Use M32 taking down 6P HOE Scrake need at least 5 head shot, taking down FP need 6 shot,use M32 against SC is exhausting precious ammo for FPs.
4. Even use Headshot Tactic, Seeker6 can do better work than M32, Seeker6 can killing any large Zeds by 1 magazine.RPG-7 can do headshot well too.
5. As a tier 5,it can' improve M32's efficiency by upgrade.

Some ideas to buff M32:

1.Down to tier 4, of course.

or

2. Increase total damage, by more ammo capacity or alpha damage.
3. Light weight M32 make Demolitionist has more option for weapon choices.

A multi-barrel rocket launcher are more fitful for a demolition Tier 5 weapon, like M202 or else, M32 need to be a alternative option to RPG-7 or Seeker6.

Reactions: NSF001
Totally agree. I seem to recall (could be wrong) the M32 got nerfed pretty hard and quickly after being introduced. If not beefed up adjusted for more damage, maybe make it so it doesn't self damage the player. Almost nobody uses it because of cost. It's really only good for large maps. The RPG is so much better and is always the better choice. I've not run the M32 on the Survivalist (am thinking quick reload). A version for the Medic (with medic grenades) would be fantastic.

Upvote 0
...I really feel like the "underrated weapon defender" of the forums at that point !

While I agree that the weapon is definitely a T4 sidegrade at that point, I could hardly agree that the RPG-7 is better... Sure, the raw damage and accuracy is better, but the sheer versatility of the M32 is a sight to behold. Not only can you quickly fire a volley of SIX grenades, but you can fire mid-reload too. Very little things can sustain such firepower. And even if you are a sitting duck whenever you run dry... By that point, you usually have a backup, even a simple HX-25.

I'd say that except against bosses, the M32 can handle anything. It's like a cranked-up Seeker Six. Speaking of which... I also think that one could use a lower tier.

Now, what could replace the M32 as a T5? That's another deal entirely. Maybe a M202 flash? You'd get four rockets ~~~~

Reactions: ®omano
Upvote 0
...I really feel like the "underrated weapon defender" of the forums at that point !

While I agree that the weapon is definitely a T4 sidegrade at that point, I could hardly agree that the RPG-7 is better... Sure, the raw damage and accuracy is better, but the sheer versatility of the M32 is a sight to behold. Not only can you quickly fire a volley of SIX grenades, but you can fire mid-reload too. Very little things can sustain such firepower. And even if you are a sitting duck whenever you run dry... By that point, you usually have a backup, even a simple HX-25.

I'd say that except against bosses, the M32 can handle anything. It's like a cranked-up Seeker Six. Speaking of which... I also think that one could use a lower tier.

Now, what could replace the M32 as a T5? That's another deal entirely. Maybe a M202 flash? You'd get four rockets ~~~~

That's the thing. It should be a viable alternative to the RPG-7 against bosses. On hard difficulty it's usable but higher difficulty it really lags behind against bosses. I also think the demo should take less damage from it when used at close range. Especially since it's the most costly demo weapon in the demo arsenal. I almost think against bosses an upgraded seal squeal is a better choice than the M32. The M32 would really shine if you could change the load out (imagine healing grenades for the medic) or buckshot rounds for the support, or perhaps napalm rounds for the firebug. Kind of ala "Dogs of War" film version.

Upvote 0
Why though? If every weapon is just as effective against anything, why bother having multiple weapons at all? You can pretty much switch to any weapon you might need/want RIGHT BEFORE the wave against the boss.

Again, the problem is that it's currently a tier 5. Which makes it rather problematic. But assuming it was a T4 and priced the same as the RPG-7... I don't think I would see any problem at all.

I don't think I ever got killed by my own explosions.They do far less damage than in KF1. You'd really have to spam like a maniac to seriously wound yourself and even then : you usually got nothing to worry about while healing since you've blown every living being in front of you.

As for changing the loadout... Meh. Kinda the same reasoning as for making the gun AS effective as the rpg. If a gun can be used by each and every perk, why bother having perks?

Reactions: ®omano
Upvote 0