• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Low damage and useless weapon

Johnny Rebel

Jul 8, 2019
I played a lot with this game, i like this game, but how is possible that an M60 is so much weak? The Smg like ppsh and Mp40 have a low damage, like the other weapons.
  • M60 have 7,62 × 51 mm. But M60 doesn't hurt in the stomach like the other weapons on Rising Storm 1.
This is what M60 can do:
  • Browning m1919A6 have the same bullets, but the recoil is worst, well that's not important for me, but have the same problem, low damage.
  • Mp40, ppsh, carabine m1/2, M1 Garand, Thompson were based weapons.
Old vs new:
(i know that now there is a better damage on RS2, but it is really different from RO2 right now)

• M16, i know that isn't like an Ak, but have a low damage.
  • Now talk about the useless weapon, the M18 claymore, i never use this weapon, but when i use this one i remember why i never use. This weapon should be a good weapon from 25 to 50m, but...
Maybe 25m is too much, but 0m too little, but you should know that the input isn't fast like the other mine.

Reactions: LuxCapere
The claymores are actually VERY effective, but they are also VERY situational. I've had the most luck with them on Song Be around "D" and on Mekong. I've killed 4 people at once with one on Song Be, so they're more dangerous than the VC/NVA traps but the trade off is you have to monitor them.
The issues with them in game are that they are a defensive weapon and one you have to be mindful of, so it is very situational and not a lot of people have the patience for that.
I personally think the pointman should get trip flares to go along with the claymore and the radius of the claymore trigger should be further increased, this would make them more effective because you don't need to be right on the damn thing to trigger it and the trip flare would let you know someone is near by. Engineers should probably get them in addition to the pointmen, we hardly see them used so maybe if they were more available we would.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The video you posted is fairly old. Ever since, all full caliber weapons were buffed so that they can kill in one shot to the gut (M60, Mosin, SVD etc...)

Weapons do lose a lot of damage if you start hitting the limbs however, and intermediate caliber weapons cannot kill in one shot to the torso or gut - you must hit the head, heart or spine

Reactions: Kittenmittens
Upvote 0
You do realize you are standing on the "safe" side of the claymore, right? Step on the enemy side of it and it kills you ~30 meters away.
No, i can't realize that i am in the safe side. Because if you can't rotate this claymore to put near a wall then this claymore should kill with a 360arc.
This is the problem, you should put this claymore everywhere but you can't... well... you can, but isn't usefull because you should put this claymore in every position to hide. So if i should put this claymore this one must be in a place where you can go (in a visible place).

Upvote 0
The video you posted is fairly old. Ever since, all full caliber weapons were buffed so that they can kill in one shot to the gut (M60, Mosin, SVD etc...)

Weapons do lose a lot of damage if you start hitting the limbs however, and intermediate caliber weapons cannot kill in one shot to the torso or gut - you must hit the head, heart or spine
(i know that now there is a better damage on RS2, but it is really different from RO2 right now)
Right now RO2 isn't bad like the old version, but isn't good like RS/RO2

Upvote 0
No, i can't realize that i am in the safe side. Because if you can't rotate this claymore to put near a wall then this claymore should kill with a 360arc.
This is the problem, you should put this claymore everywhere but you can't... well... you can, but isn't usefull because you should put this claymore in every position to hide. So if i should put this claymore this one must be in a place where you can go (in a visible place).

Not sure what you mean by any of this.
The claymore says "Front Toward Enemy" so you're supposed to place it in a position that the enemy is more likely to approach from. It has a decent sized kill zone and is effective when used/placed correctly.

Reactions: Patu.Kuovi
Upvote 0

You may need to find out what a claymore really is and how it works. If it would work in 360 degrees, you could not use it to cover your flanks/rear like you can now.

When you want to place it near a wall: stand facing the wall, look at your feet and turn 180 degrees. Tada!

Upvote 0