• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

3D & Animation Looking for some Models (Pre-Fabs even)

Shibumi

Grizzled Veteran
May 18, 2009
I'm currently working on a Castle\Medeivel type map and I could really use a 3D suit of armor to put in for effect. Additionally it would be handy if I could get some swords, shields, axes, and pikes imported in.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a site maybe that would have models or even sprites I suppose that are portable into KF?

I could work with you, and make them for you myself, if you, or anyone else, could point me to a bit of a guide for exporting out of a 3d package to the format that you need.

I only have experience in making props for the source engine.

Does Killing floor use it's own import/export system for props, or is it exactly like modeling for any Unreal 2004 related game? If it is the latter, a nice beginner resource for modeling for this engine would make me very grateful ;)

Upvote 0
Exactly like exporting to ut2004
Make your model apply textures make textures into one rendermap
save model as .ASE open unreal editor go to static mesh browser then file>import find the .ASE file select OK fill in the boxes (Model name, Package name ect) then go to the texture browser import the texture the same way when that is done select the texture in the texture browser then go to static meshes open up the static mesh in the model browser should have a bubbly texture over it click at the bottom where it says texture/material cant think of the correct one at the moment click the arrow to drop down the other options where it says 0 click the ... at the texture name will appear then click save the texture will apply save the package.
Done

hope that helps :D

Upvote 0