• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Let's talk the Apex Orca....

SharkBoy266

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 20, 2020
So hear me, I played the last half of the game WITHOUT abilities and evolutions. This gave me a good perception to learn what I needed to with enemies and how they function. It also let me see what enemy does what more clearly and I realized how each animals isn't reskinned but behaves very differently.

Did you guys notice that the Orca slows in the last quarter of the fight? It literally gets tired and cowars to rest a bit, after a small rest, it desperately tries harder to kill the player shark, one last time.

Here is my video:

Playing the game without any of the abilities and evolutions enabled not only makes it more difficult but also adds a layer to your strategy. It enabkes you to learn and really look at what it going on. You and your shark will be less confident overall so you will approach bosses like the Orca and the Sperm Whale more cautiously.

This is why I recommend everyone to play as the base shark in their first playthrough, it's not only more fun this way but i feel is the way the game was meant to be played.