• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Left 4 Dead

Well something is wrong thats for sure.
Personally it took me a long while to master the infected side, it took a lot of dedication and determination on my part.

People just don't have the staying power at the moment, it is very rare that an infected team will see through the whole Film, with out someone changing/quiting or just getting voted out, (the vote system really needs to be fixed as well).

I've set my ping to 250 and

Upvote 0
Are you suggesting Coconuts migrate?

If carried by a swallow...

Back on topic: L4D is very dependant on cooperation, as infected even more so than as survivor, but taking out one or two survivors in any map save the first one of a movie isn't too hard if you have at least one other infected to play with in a coordinated fashion.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
IDK, somehow I totally don't feel the urge to play this game anymore because after you've finished all 4 campaigns several times and some versus there's just no more motivation imo. Which leads me to the question what's taking them so long to release the SDK, because with many high quality user made extra campaign it would definitely get many people interested again.

Upvote 0
My friends and I finally beat Blood Harvest on expert last night (with no glitches), and joined the elite 2.5% of those who have the "What Are You Trying To Prove?" achievement! :D:D

proveitgf5.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It is bit odd, since some people can get it with no problems, some have to complete some campaigns like 25 times before it actually accepts the achivement.

And in case if you even have very minor connection error\go idle for like 1-5seconds (or more) during a campaign you can't get it because the game counts that you joined as random player, which is rather silly.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
February 5, 2008 — Valve, creators of best-selling game franchises (such as Half-Life, Portal, Team Fortress, and Counter-Strike) and leading technologies (such as Steam and Source), today announced a series of content and development releases for its latest title, 2008's best-selling new game property for the PC and Xbox 360, Left 4 Dead (L4D).

The first L4D DLC — dubbed the L4D Survival Pack -- is due for release this spring and introduces a new multiplayer game mode entitled, Survival, plus two complete campaigns for Versus Mode . A Critic's Choice Edition of the game will be heading to retail stores this spring, and will include access to all the content introduced in the L4D: Survival Pack.

In addition, for PC gamers and aspiring developers, the first Left 4 Dead release for the Source Software Development Kit (Source SDK) will allow the creation of custom Left 4 Dead campaigns that will be discoverable via L4D's matchmaking system. The SDK update is also due for release this spring, and is free of charge to all owners of L4D on the PC.

"Since Half-Life launched in 1998, Valve has made continuous efforts to expand the offering of its products beyond what's included on the day of launch," said Gabe Newell, co-founder and president of Valve. "With Half-Life and Counter-Strike, and more recently Team Fortress 2, we've learned that we're no longer making stand-alone games but creating entertainment services. With Left 4 Dead we're extending that tradition by creating additional gameplay and releasing our internal tools to aspiring developers so they may also create and distribute new Left 4 Dead experiences."

Left 4 Dead is a survival action game from Valve that blends the social entertainment experience of multiplayer games such as Counter-Strike and Team Fortress with the dramatic, narrative experience made popular in single player action game classics such as the Half-Life series of games. Released in November of 2008, L4D has earned over 25 industry awards from outlets around the world.

For more information, please visit www.l4d.com
Have to pay for extras :/

Upvote 0

Article was updated

Update: Due to a miscommunication, we had updated the original piece stating that PC and Xbox 360 Survival Packs would be paid. However, Valve again contacted Edge to say that it hasn't ruled out the possibility of the price being "$0.00." Sorry for any confusion.

I'm guessing PC will be free DLC, or else valve can suck my left nut.

Upvote 0
I'm guessing PC will be free DLC, or else valve can suck my left nut.
Yeah they then could suck my balls too. Releasing games with hardly any content is one thing, then charging money for what should've been there from the beginning is ridiculous. But anyways probably it was just a misunderstanding and it'll be free for PC users, I hope so at least.

As for the two Versus campaigns, I bet they're just the other 2 coop campaigns. Sure a good thing, but I just don't like the overall sound of this. I'd also bet 20$ that Survival mode is nothing but 'Stay alive against as many waves of infected as possible' as seen in CoD5 Nazi Zombie mode. Then calling those two features a new pack is kinda funny. But I hope I'm wrong.

Good to hear they're finally going to release the SDK(it's about time). With all the great custom maps which there will no doubt be(and already are but not so well done because of the lack of SDK) the game will have much more motivation to keep playing. I wonder how they're gonna deal with connecting to 'Custom Servers' though, through their match-making system.

Upvote 0
XBox players don't count :p
:D Like hell! You try doing it with a damn console controller! It took us 4+ Hours to beat Blood Harvest, Death Toll, and Dead Air...No Mercy went down in just over an hour though, strangely enough.

Also, of course the PC DLC will be free...Valve has never charged for it before and they won't start now. People who bought it on 360 will have to pay for it, because Microsoft is a douche and requires them to charge for it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0