• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Code Launching test environment - bat file

Warishell

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 16, 2010
I'm trying to set up a .bat file for RO2. So i can quick launch a simple map I made, to test a few scripts I have done.

But i'm running into trouble. First of i'm more of a linux users so .bat files are very foreign to me, still don't understand exacly the syntax.

Anyway back to the point, i've tried writing things like this into a testgame.bat
->

"<STEAM DIR>\Red Orchestra 2\Binaries\Win64\ROGame.exe" open TE-Apartements

I've tried all sorts of different configurations(Win32 instead of Win64, without the open). I've got messages ranging from "missing sdk token" to things like "program not found".

Basically I'd like to setup an environment for testing I can launch from my editor(vim). Where can I find some documentation about commandline arguments specifically for UDK and Red Orchestra?

Oh and if someone knows how to do this, would be much appreciated!!!

I don't think you can run ROGame.exe without steam (heck even double clicking the icon doesn't work while it does work with UT3), but why does it need to be run without steam?
Why not launch the game through steam with a batch file, this below should essentially work:

D:
cd D:\Steam
steam.exe -applaunch 35450 TE-Apartments
pause

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I use this command:

start "" "%SteamDir%\SteamApps\common\red orchestra 2\Binaries\Win64\ROGame.exe" editor -cookededitor -genericbrowser -log

If you use it, make sure you have 104310 in %SteamDir%\SteamApps\common\red orchestra 2\Binaries\Win64\steam_appid.txt

Otherwise, steam will show that you are playing RO2 instead of the SDK, and your uploads to the workshop will be inconsistent.

Last edited:
Upvote 0