• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

2D Art Killing Floor trailer

Mate this video was epic. Best I have seen anyone do on this forums. I give this a 9/10 cause some parts were a little long maybe but you kept it intense and I specially liked how you did the affect on when you had the Flesh Pound hitting you.

Well done mate :)

Thank you, for your reply, I am glad and happy, if you like it, that makes me smiling, I will make them more, have a good ideas. :)

Upvote 0
While watching that, I was reminded of the orignal KF mod and how I felt really uncomfortable and on edge while playing it... I had flash backs to the story and how the atmosphere of the KF world was so twisted and disturbing.

Its hard to believe how something as simple as a change in music and lighting to a map I am so familiar with made Biotics lab absolutely terrifying... Epic work mate :)

Upvote 0
That was effing great.

That kind of effect, sound, and so on made our familiar happy little "lol lets go play" garden was made genuinely scary.

I actually think that that's something that could do with being incorporated into KF, like a mod or something. A change in lighting, sound, and other things. In fact, it'd be really cool if Tripwire advertised their game in such a style, and it would make the gameplay of KF even more hilarious - it's always had some comedy to it.

As for the video itself, as I said, I reeaaally like the effects, but I think putting in FPS action gameplay kinda took away from that. Mostly because there was no shooting noises (echoy blasts ringing out would work here) and their length just kinda made them... not scary. While very pretty, they weren't entertaining either. If I were you, I would have made those action sequences really short, in-your-face, noisy, and genuinely scary sounding, rather than actiony.

But all in all, great stuff, and I hope to see more! :>

Upvote 0
I played with the gamma settings and using a gamma value of 0.5 (1.0 is actually 10), with default brightness of 5, it made KF look like the screenshot below of 2008BioticsLab. It is not close to what you have but WAY creepier!

I thinks it better than a lights out version since the dark areas are pure black, but enough ambient light to change the mood. TWI should also update all their skins to be as creepy as the original KF but in higher definition. After playing the mod, then back to TWI's KF, TWI's KF felt ... more action than creepy...

Again, amazing video and the inspiration to make the game even scarier, more like the original KF mod.

Lastly, PLEASE continue to make more videos... TWI should have you edit all their trailers! :D

Attachments

• 2012-04-16_00001.jpg
    2012-04-16_00001.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0