• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor Stats

At the moment a third party can't even write a GameStats Server Actor to even get this raw data out of the engine in the first place, since the necessary logging callbacks are not called for zombie kills and other gameplay events in KFMod.KFGameType et al.

Thus the only solution at this stage is to write a mod subclassing basically the WHOLE of KFMod and while theoretically possible it would be very clunky and highly undesirable for a myriad of reasons.

If a few calls to the GameStats functions can be inserted at the relevant points for the next patch us modders & admins can get on with implementing all sorts of amazing stats, clan ranking, ladder systems etc with a server actor and some sort of frontend.

This would only improve the larger KF gaming experience and drive community adoption, in turn leading to more players and return for Tripwire, but we need the raw logging capability in the engine to do it!

<Offtopic>
And if this is what it looks like can't say I condone removing complaints from paying customers, given they're the only people here and this forum is not a marketing vehicle.
</Offtopic>

Upvote 0
There's so many useless Ideas/Suggestions threads being posted daily, my thread gets bumped all the way down in a matter of hours... No wonder TWI doesn't read this part of the forums. Probably too much to handle? But then again, why even make an Ideas/Suggestions thread if none of the TWI members are going to read it, or give THEIR oppinion on the matter? Might as well be another General Discussion topic, since only the community is discussing the matters of the Idea/Suggestion.

Upvote 0
There's so many useless Ideas/Suggestions threads being posted daily, my thread gets bumped all the way down in a matter of hours... No wonder TWI doesn't read this part of the forums. Probably too much to handle? But then again, why even make an Ideas/Suggestions thread if none of the TWI members are going to read it, or give THEIR oppinion on the matter? Might as well be another General Discussion topic, since only the community is discussing the matters of the Idea/Suggestion.

I am 99% sure that the devs have read this thread, just they have not made a post. this is not the first time they have done this. when players made the thread on new weapons found in the sdk, tripwire didn't saying anything in that thread and a few weeks later they announced the heavy metal pack.
i think its much more easier for them to say "no" then "yes"
so just wait it out guys they might be working on it.
and im sure this is the 3rd thread about stats, so they are aware that the community want stats.

Upvote 0
I am 99% sure that the devs have read this thread, just they have not made a post. this is not the first time they have done this. when players made the thread on new weapons found in the sdk, tripwire didn't saying anything in that thread and a few weeks later they announced the heavy metal pack.
i think its much more easier for them to say "no" then "yes"
so just wait it out guys they might be working on it.
and im sure this is the 3rd thread about stats, so they are aware that the community want stats.

While my suggestion for the trader UI improvement is probably somewhere on page 3. Pushed there by people starting "It would be so awesome to have ninja stars lol" and "Wouldn't it be cool to have flying boss monsters" and "I want X because it is my favourite thing"-threads. :rolleyes:

I guess we all should just wait. :)

Upvote 0
* bump *

What you described is what happens when you let the peanut gallery vent their stultifyingly ill-informed crazed ramblings in the developers' official PR channel.

Naturally if the forums are 95% filled with the mind-numbing brain rot of the calibre we see in the Ideas & Suggestions area the developers will move onto more productive tasks like banging their heads repeatedly against a brick wall to drive all memory of reading these threads from their mind :p

Perhaps like valve have there should be a separate venue for server admins, modders and other beings exhibiting a modicum of intellect to post/discuss serious issues like this so they actually get due attention they deserve, which would benefit all parties concerned including the peanut gallery themselves.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This definitely would be great. I assume a lot of the stats are already tracked, due to perk advancement, but I would love a more detailed look at my stats. Breakdown by gun, perk, specimen, map...etc With personal, global, and average stats viewable as well. Although any sort of stat tracking would be great at this point.

Upvote 0
Well that's the outcome of Ideas/Suggestions in a community forum, since ANYONE can post.

Ok, and if there is a seperate forum to discuss issues in the game, it's going to be in a more "secure" location that the community doesn't know about. If it's in this forum, then there's going to be Noobs rambling even more, and there would be no use if the Ideas/Suggestions since only the stuff being discussed in the more "Intellectual" forum are to be ever implemented.

Upvote 0
Tbh experience shows that the simple act of having a more formal old-fashioned mailing list instead of anonymous forums acts as an effective filter in and of itself.

That's why many e.g. open source projects choose to use such things as the primary means of coordinating development despite the mailing list being public and open to the same hazards one would have thought.

It would also be relatively simple to use the "Admin Email" field published by KF servers to build a closed mailing list of server admins; in fact why isn't there one?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
* bump *

What you described is what happens when you let the peanut gallery vent their stultifyingly ill-informed crazed ramblings in the developers' official PR channel.

Naturally if the forums are 95% filled with the mind-numbing brain rot of the calibre we see in the Ideas & Suggestions area the developers will move onto more productive tasks like banging their heads repeatedly against a brick wall to drive all memory of reading these threads from their mind :p

Sadly, this is true.

I wish they could just merge/delete some threads and make a sticky called "Best of stupid suggestions" thread. :p

Upvote 0
The thing is that's like trying to hold back a tidal wave of sewage with a spoon and then wondering why your clothes get soiled :p

The whole notion of using a public forum like this as the primary means of developer to admin/modder discussion is fundamentally flawed and IMO there needs to be a separate dedicated venue for that, but that is the subject of another thread.

Back to the original topic in hand the actual implementation required to support the native UE2 stats system on Tripwire's part is minimal (some function calls in KFMod).

Something a developer could do in half an afternoon and I am sure they would if we can only get them to notice this thread and take it seriously!

Anyone know any voodoo rituals to summon a Tripwire developer?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I love hearing how people label other people's ideas and suggestions as stupid, but your own suggestion is one bearing of such intellect, that the world should marvel and be thankful for your very presense.

Please. Get off your high horse.

Some ideas are good, some are dumb, but if your idea is one that is truly good, and the devs like it, they'll add it to the game.

Who's to say that they haven't already thought up most of these ideas on their own, and are just trying to find ways to add it into the game, or even trying to find TIME for such an endeavor?

We have ideas for:
Stats tracking
medic upgrades
new weapons
new maps
new enemies
skill based matching
etc etc etc

Out of all these "great" ideas, they need to do quite a bit of work for many of them, not to mention balancing. Look how long it's taking them to add an AK, a katana, and a new map.

Squabbling over who's thread is the most important is so pointless. Yeah, it'll be buried, **** happens.

Upvote 0
If you care to read back through this thread there are posts in favour from admins of some of the largest and most important KF servers & communities out there who in turn represent hundreds or thousands of players.

So yes in a community like this some people's opinions are more important than others. It is not elitism it is a simple pragmatic fact.

Visa vis the time issue, this was already addressed by people who have sufficient technical knowledge to actually do it themselves if they had direct access to Tripwire's CVS and is very minimal for a feature with as much promise as this one. Compare that to implementing the "new x"s in your list which all represent several weeks worth of man hours at the least.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If you care to read back through this thread there are posts in favour from admins of some of the largest and most important KF servers & communities out there who in turn represent hundreds or thousands of players.

So yes in a community like this some people's opinions are more important than others. It is not elitism it is a simple pragmatic fact.

Visa vis the time issue, this was already addressed by people who have sufficient technical knowledge to actually do it themselves if they had direct access to Tripwire's CVS and is very minimal for a feature with as much promise as this one. Compare that to implementing the "new x"s in your list which all represent several weeks worth of man hours at the least.

I am not saying that I don't support the idea of stats tracking being implemented into this game. Why would I NOT want that added?

I do, however, object to people dismissing other's ideas as trivial, as if they're in any position to judge. You can inflate their status as much as you'd like, saying they run a server, but it doesn't make them intelligent, and certainly not a judge.

And do you think these people are going to run a killing floor server forever? Or do you think they might move on to the next great game that absorbs their time? How much value does that person hold now, and how much value do they hold after they move on?

As for the time issue, I even state, MANY of those suggestions that people make will take many hours of development, but not ALL of the suggestions. Reading comprehension FTW. Of course different requests are going to take different amounts of time. Stats tracking should take less time to implement, and that's GREAT that people want to take that work off of Tripwires hands.
Personally, I feel more confident in Tripwire taking care of work that relates to their game, but if they trust a player enough to do their work for them, then why can't I?

Upvote 0
@ {MEAT}::Killer::
Further to your post and your PM I have every intention of open sourcing and distributing my PHP KFStats frontend once it's completed. It will be bespoke and designed for my servers and the sort of stats system a community like ours would be interested in but you could certainly re-hash and distribute it as part of your bundled "admin tools" package.

A really neat idea (that might help to increase the prominence of your site) would be if you were to develop and host some sort of global KF stats aggregator that servers could upload their stats logs to. Then global player rankings, clan tag rankings and all sorts of cool things would be relatively trivial. Publish a REST API for it and I might build it into mine ;)

What I was trying to leverage this thread for was to get TWI to implement the necessary at the engine level (which only they can do) to produce the raw data in the stats log for my system and those other people develop to feed off. Again that is logging zombie kills (incl decap status etc), healing and welding in the stats log please TWI! (again all you get currently is team kills which is only relevant for deathmatches)

I am not saying that I don't support the idea of stats tracking being implemented into this game. Why would I NOT want that added?

If that's your position stop trolling the very thread that could cause it to be implemented. All you have brought is a shed-load of vitriol and fuzzy thinking that just inhibits the process and is far from a positive contribution.

This is not an arena for argument and trolling it is a place for those who can make the game better to discuss doing so, it appears you could help this aim best by keeping your egotistical uninformed mouth closed!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Accuracy Percentage

Accuracy Percentage

Accuracy Percentage

I would like too how accurate you are with each weapon. A hits to kill ration per weapon. Since I am asking how about a report that generates after each game to see how your improving.

In the future this could lead into a possible job opportunity with military. You could command a remote vehicle into dangerous areas from the comfort of your home.

Ugh, sounds like the movie "Gamer", no?

Upvote 0
Accuracy Percentage

I would like too how accurate you are with each weapon. A hits to kill ration per weapon. Since I am asking how about a report that generates after each game to see how your improving.

In the future this could lead into a possible job opportunity with military. You could command a remote vehicle into dangerous areas from the comfort of your home.

Ugh, sounds like the movie "Gamer", no?

You been on the ganja lately?

Upvote 0