• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

3D & Animation Killing Floor Skinning Guide

Something I made xD

corprallewisred.jpg

Thats one of the most hideous things ive ever seen.

Reactions: aesdana
Upvote 0
Here's a link to the Umbrella riot officer download. As you'll see i put up two of the same versions, only because the first submission took so long to get accepted i decided to submit another one... http://www.killingfloormods.com/index.php?option=com_joomloads&view=packages&category_id=27&Itemid=8

also since i dont really play online with anyone besides my buddy i edited some gun skins for us to use since it breaks online play... so im just testing the waters here to see if anyone would be interested in them.

supposed to be a samurai edge
pistol.jpg

rifle.jpg

^just some old school designs on it and recoloring^

heres just a couple pics, i edited the environment models of them too.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Doesn't make any sense

Doesn't make any sense

Okay, I tried following your guide but at one point it doesn't make any sense to me.
It says this:
"Check Alpha
If the name is not already brit_soldier_I_diff then change it to that and press Ok.
Now your new texture should be there. If it's not go back and see what you did wrong.
Now click file and save and save it as something differen't then the original name or the game won't let you play online.
I'll save mine as KF_Soldier_Pink_T"
First of all, you write Check Alpha but in your picture it is not checked, should it be checked or not? You also write that you need to make sure that the texture name is the same as previously which will replace the original texture and this you wrote would make you unable to play online. Anyway the part that I really don't get comes now, you write now click file and save it as something different than the original name, okay sure but I already imported it and the default texture was already replaced. Where exactly am I supposed to click file and save it anyway? I just don't get it. Could you reexplain it?

Upvote 0
skinning the zombies

skinning the zombies

have anyone tried this yet? I've been meaning to skin the siren to the character from Ju-On to increase the effect :D

So far the siren skin which is in the utx is not exactly what is in game, i think they may have added a mask layer for the belts, eyes and mouth.

Anyone got any ideas?

Upvote 0
Hi there , i just begun today to " play" with this thingy changing colors and such and i already managed to do some funny changes to the hazmat guy thanks by the tutorial , now my question is if i can do the same with the specimens ; i already changed something in the bloat texture but im unable to find the specimens file ( or w/e the name is ) inside system folder in order to open it with notepad and change that line with the name of my own texture .
Plz i need advice with this .
thanks in advance.

Today i finished my first skin : Dr Glover Ghostbusters suit
Drgloverghostbusters2.jpg

It aint a serious skin but where it says that it have to be serious?
Hope you like it guys , it is just a rookie work but it is the best i can do .
Oh Dr Glover now has some shinny white eyes , the periodic exposure to the radiation of the Ghostbuster protons gun cause some ...hmm..let say...secondary effects . :p

Ps: the skin looks Way better in-game than in the picture , fraps took away the quality.

Last edited:
Upvote 0