• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

3D & Animation Killing Floor Skinning Guide

People! :) Help me please! :(

If I want to remove some details from texture... What I will must to do?? :confused::(
For example, I want to remove all Gas Mask Parts from this texture...

dd5989346a3cde91685d20368c8ed308.jpg

Upvote 0
Hey all this is my first stab at this..I tried following the directions but i cant seem to get my skin to work. I used the example texture and edited it with Photohop CS5, all i did was add an Umbrella logo saved, imported and edited the upl for Private Schnieder but when I go in game he is the same. I know i must be doing something stupid but no luck figuring it out and I'd love to start working on Hunk -_-

Here is the part of upl i edited, my guess thats where I went wrong or I messed up saving in Photoshop..:confused:

Thanks in advance, love ya :p
[Public]
Player=(DefaultName="Private_Schnieder",Race="DRF",Mesh=KF_Soldier_Pink_T.british_soldier

Upvote 0
Hey all this is my first stab at this..I tried following the directions but i cant seem to get my skin to work. I used the example texture and edited it with Photohop CS5, all i did was add an Umbrella logo saved, imported and edited the upl for Private Schnieder but when I go in game he is the same. I know i must be doing something stupid but no luck figuring it out and I'd love to start working on Hunk -_-

Here is the part of upl i edited, my guess thats where I went wrong or I messed up saving in Photoshop..:confused:

Thanks in advance, love ya :p
[Public]
Player=(DefaultName="Private_Schnieder",Race="DRF",Mesh=KF_Soldier_Pink_T.british_soldier
For what I can see, there is no texture being chosen.

Upvote 0
Great tutorial and it'll be my first attempt at skinning in KF..

However I would rather change aspects of weapon texture.. Namely, create a better looking scope texture for the FAL.. I have a texture already in mind and in correct format for a swap, however I cant seem to find what texture the FAL uses. If i have to mutator it to fix it, I'm fine with that..

I've found the crossbow scope,M99 scope, all the weapons and whatnot but to no avail have I found the scope I am looking for.

(the FAL scope has always bothered me... and I'm not the only one bothered by it so I need to find it, fix it and make it better.)

any ideas?:cool:

~Kaz

Upvote 0