• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Killing Floor Skinning Guide

mckinzie

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 3, 2010
Kazakhstan/Astana
People! :) Help me please! :(

If I want to remove some details from texture... What I will must to do?? :confused::(
For example, I want to remove all Gas Mask Parts from this texture...

DarkDoomShadows

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 11, 2011
Hello, I'm new to this forum and I need some help with skinning :)
Here is a picture of what happened when I got my texture ingame:

As you can see my texture got all shiny, any ideas how this happened? :confused:

Vaffunculo

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 19, 2011
Hey all this is my first stab at this..I tried following the directions but i cant seem to get my skin to work. I used the example texture and edited it with Photohop CS5, all i did was add an Umbrella logo saved, imported and edited the upl for Private Schnieder but when I go in game he is the same. I know i must be doing something stupid but no luck figuring it out and I'd love to start working on Hunk -_-

Here is the part of upl i edited, my guess thats where I went wrong or I messed up saving in Photoshop..:confused:

Thanks in advance, love ya :p
[Public]
Player=(DefaultName="Private_Schnieder",Race="DRF",Mesh=KF_Soldier_Pink_T.british_soldier

FluX

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 26, 2010
www.fluxiservice.com
Hey all this is my first stab at this..I tried following the directions but i cant seem to get my skin to work. I used the example texture and edited it with Photohop CS5, all i did was add an Umbrella logo saved, imported and edited the upl for Private Schnieder but when I go in game he is the same. I know i must be doing something stupid but no luck figuring it out and I'd love to start working on Hunk -_-

Here is the part of upl i edited, my guess thats where I went wrong or I messed up saving in Photoshop..:confused:

Thanks in advance, love ya :p
[Public]
Player=(DefaultName="Private_Schnieder",Race="DRF",Mesh=KF_Soldier_Pink_T.british_soldier
For what I can see, there is no texture being chosen.

YoYoBatty

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 17, 2009
Canada
The reason why your skin is so shiny is because you probably setup and/or exported your texture wrong which resulted in the material combiner making your skin appear shiny rather than the standard look you would see in game.

greymatter28

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 5, 2012
Nice tutorial, I have one question, When I open the Texture in Paint.net it's incredibly transparent, I can only see faint outlines of any sort of texture, is this normal?

ro_sauce

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 26, 2007
bwhgaming.com
thats because paint.net doesnt split the rgba channels for individual editing.
so youre seeing the texture with the alpha channel.

Kazaki

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 19, 2012
Great tutorial and it'll be my first attempt at skinning in KF..

However I would rather change aspects of weapon texture.. Namely, create a better looking scope texture for the FAL.. I have a texture already in mind and in correct format for a swap, however I cant seem to find what texture the FAL uses. If i have to mutator it to fix it, I'm fine with that..

I've found the crossbow scope,M99 scope, all the weapons and whatnot but to no avail have I found the scope I am looking for.

(the FAL scope has always bothered me... and I'm not the only one bothered by it so I need to find it, fix it and make it better.)

any ideas?:cool:

~Kaz

babsie26

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 26, 2014
how can I edit the texture of the hands

how can I edit the texture of the hands

Please help me, how can I edit the texture of the hands and play with them online? :confused:
I edit texture --> MrsFoster_DLC_1stP solo work but online no --> package version mismatch :( sry bad english :eek: