• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

3D & Animation Killing Floor Skinning Guide

I made a desert camo!!!
desertcamo.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Dub
Upvote 0
Its not an overlay, its a pretty terrible paint job. Anyway, is there a way of testing the new texture files without going online? I dont want to go through the hazzle of joining a server, finding a different Wilkes, check if everything works and leave the server again.
Ya just go into the Profile menu and pick wilkes as your player.

Upvote 0
Where the bugger did you find the DLC skins?

And out of curiosity, anyone tried skinning the weapons?

You wont find it listed on the texture explorer, you need to open the package yourself.

Just go to file/open and look for KF_Soldier2_Trip_T.utx.
Remeber to copy this file and create a new one (like KF_Soldier2_Trip_A for example) before changing anything. That way you keep the original intact.

It is possible to modify weapons this way but I can't find the UPL file that reffers to them.

Upvote 0
Yes, I removed Wilkens boobs and added a very subtle blue shine to his eyes.
The only problem is that the cmb file got corrupted in the process so I had to remove the shinning metalic surfaces :(

Weird...I got the opposite effect. My Agent wilkes is ubar shiney. He looks like the t-1000.

Nvida seems to only want to save it as a 2D texture, cube mapping or volume..attempting volume..

ugh...now it doesn't seem to be using the texts I put in and name. Screw it...twas a good try anywhoo.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Weird...I got the opposite effect. My Agent wilkes is ubar shiney. He looks like the t-1000.

Nvida seems to only want to save it as a 2D texture, cube mapping or volume..attempting volume..

I got the same effect at first, which is why I removed the CMB file and replaced it complretely removing the shinny areas.

Upvote 0