• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor Patch 1052

Hey guys,
BestDist doesn't need to be initialized, because the first check we make is (BestEnemy == none). BestEnemy is also not initialized, so that check will always be true the first time through. And the first time through, we set BestDist to something. There's never a time when both BestEnemy != none and BestDist == 0 (unless you are your own BestEnemy...).

Since BestDist > 0 after the first time through (unless... you know...), bNewCloser won't always be false.
You're right. I misread brackets. But anyway, after setting first visible enemy, statement will always fail.

Thanks for bringing that to our attention. In a future update, we're considering removing the visibility conditions for simplicity and only using distance like it was before the objective mode update.
It isn't the only issue. Take a look at this.

Upvote 0
Is there anywhere we can find a list of bugs submitted to Icculus ? If I knew what he was working on I might be less tempted to install Windows on bare metal.

Please tell me this is on the list:

Linux client:
* Horrible performance (have to play on Low settings on a decent computer with a 9600 GT)
* Projectors (flashlights) breaks some floors and walls (so, yea, I can't use flashlights)
* Motion blur makes all melee weapons go transparent after hitting an enemy
* Some weapons are just plain black on higher texture settings (eg. MK23)
* Can't see through scopes with any scope setting other than "Textured"
* Lots of maps are just unplayable, best example is KF-Steamland. (im pretty sure no linux/mac user ever even tried to get thoses event-related achievements)
* I can see Stalkers... in fact at first I thought the Stalkers were Horzine's version of the T-1000, then realized she was supposed to be invisible!

Linux server:
* Get blown up by my own invisible grenade. (BlockingVolumes thing)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Having problem that is driving me crazy

Having problem that is driving me crazy

Last couple of days I have had to reinstall my server numerous times but still cant pinpoint the solution. I will add the game log crash report if anyone can help i will be forever grateful. I think it has to do with scrn balance or the kf update but not sue can someone take a look at the file and tell me their opinion on whats wrong and maybe help with a solution.

Attachments

• Gameservers.log
    58.2 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Last couple of days I have had to reinstall my server numerous times but still cant pinpoint the solution. I will add the game log crash report if anyone can help i will be forever grateful. I think it has to do with scrn balance or the kf update but not sue can someone take a look at the file and tell me their opinion on whats wrong and maybe help with a solution.
This isn't the place to ask. Go to the support section.

Upvote 0