• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor 5 Year Anniversary Info Graphic

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    KF_5yr_Anniversary_Infographic.jpg

Replyed on other thread:
    I completely forgot that Alan was Wiggins. Poor Alan, i seen him blow up, ripped up, shot at, beheaded, ears blown, etc.
    Damn, i didnt know Briar was so old, i though he was just really pissed off.

Its "zYnthetic" not "Zynthetic" :O

These are some fun facts and trivia. Happy 5 years too TWI & all the KF lots.

Wait 4 characters? You forgot someone!

Upvote 0
    http://imgur.com/G3mvZU8

Put this together in paint.net awhile ago, while it may not be the best, i tried to make it decent to put on the forums. Happy (steampunk) Anniversary!

Thanks to:
    Tripwire for making a amazing game!
    A post on Facepunch I found with the steampunk character pack picture.
    Bethesda for adding a party hat as a hat in Fallout 3, and the fallout wiki.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    What, i did not know about this?

Was it TWI that first approached Alex Quick and not the other way around?

According to wiki it states:" The lead developer Alex Quick was first approached by Tripwire Interactive about porting Killing Floor to their game Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45, but Quick did not follow through. A few years later, when their user base started to dwindle, Quick contacted Tripwire again to negotiate the port to Red Orchestra, and its distribution via Steam..."

Heeeh, smart TWI! Definitely the right choice! An eye for business!

Had not TWI showed interest from start and contacted A.Q., it might not have ended up with A. Quick contacting specifically TWI when he felt he wanted to do something further with KF?

What a great luck for us gamers then! It would have been terrible if KF would have ended up with some AAA-company.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    If I remember correctly, I reached out to several of our fellow mod teams from the UT2k4 modding scene about porting their mods to RO 1 on Steam. Alex expressed interest but then disappeared. Then he showed back up and the rest is history.

Interesting...

What more mods was it then?

PS! So you was the guy with an eye for businees, then? Heeeh!

Last edited:
    Upvote 0