• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor 2 Perilous Plunder beta 1 (v.1094) is now live.

To opt into this beta, join the "preview" branch available in the Beta drop down list. Admins will need to use the following SteamCMD flag:
  • app_update 232130 -beta preview

Event
Perilous Plunder
  • Avast ye landlubbers! The Horzine team is happy to present to you the seasonal Perilous Plunder update! Prepare yourselves to board into the dark facilities of Desolation. Light it up and search for any clue about the Patriarch. Also, loot with caution and test yourselves in the combat training room or firing range. Alongside this, we have some new weapons to introduce to everyone. By courtesy of the Horzine Research Group, we finished development of the HRG Kaboomstick and the HRG Teslauncher. Use them to slay any scurvy Zed you find out there. Now, rise the Jolly Roger and let the plundering begin!
  • Beta 1 Start 5/14/2020, Beta 2 Start 5/26/2020 (Dates are subject to change)

New Additions and Highlights
  • 1 New Community Map
desolation.png

• Desolation
      • Compatible with Survival, Weekly, Versus Survival, and Endless Game Modes.
      • Explore this secret bunker in the middle of the jungle and slay all the remaining Zeds inside its abandoned facilities.
  • 4 New Weapons
    • HRG Kaboomstick for the Demolitionist
kaboomstick.png

• An alteration of the Double-barreled Boomstick that fires explosive pellets.
    • Every shot fires 8 pellets with high spread, and each pellet creates an explosion on contact.
    • Alt-fire shoots both barrels at once (if loaded),doubling the amount of explosions.
    • Trader price is 1100 Dosh.
  • HRG Teslauncher for the Berserker
teslauncher.png

• An alteration of the HMTech-501 Grenade Rifle that fires microwave projectiles with its primary fire.
    • For the alt-fire, it launches EMP grenades that explode on contact.
    • It serves as a useful tool for Berserkers in situations where it is dangerous to get near the enemy, like facing against Bloats, Sirens, or Husks.
    • Trader price is 1500 Dosh.
  • Blunderbuss for the Demolitionist and Support (Not available for purchase during BETA)
blunderbuss2.png

• This is a paid DLC weapon. This weapon can be shared amongst players through our weapon sharing system.
  • The Blunderbuss is a close-to-medium range firearm that utilizes a flintlock mechanism to fire explosive cannonballs with the primary fire or cannonball shrapnel with the alt-fire.
  • The cannonballs are heavy balls, and they will not explode while a player holds down the primary fire.
  • The cannonball shrapnel has a high spread and each shrapnel can pierce through Zeds and bounce off the environment.
  • Trader price is 1500 Dosh.
  • Single and Dual Glock 18c for the Gunslinger (Not available for purchase during BETA)
g18.jpg

• This is a paid DLC weapon. This weapon can be shared amongst players through our weapon sharing system.
    • It is equipped with a suppressor and can be dual-wielded.
    • The single Glock 18c is a fully automatic pistol with two fire modes, single and automatic.
    • The dual variant only has the full-auto fire mode.
    • Trader price is 750 Dosh for a single and 1500 Dosh for the dual variant.
  • 1 New Boss Skin
    • Matriarch Summer Seasonal Variant
  • Dosh Vault Additions (Not available during BETA)
    • HMTech-101 Pistol | Vault | Stars
    • MKB42H | Vault | Stars
    • Tommy Gun | Vault | Stars
    • Boomstick | Vault | Stars
    • M99 | Vault | Stars
  • New Steam Achievements
    • Desolation and its collectibles
  • Time-limited Objectives, Tickets, and Cosmetics (Not available during BETA)
    • Seasonal objectives related to Desolation
    • Complete all seasonal objectives to earn the Space Monkey Backpack
    • Summer Sideshow Prize Tickets
    • Summer Sideshow Golden Prize Tickets
  • Zedconomy (Not available for purchase during BETA)
    • Blunderbuss Weapon Bundle
    • Glock 18c Weapon Bundle
    • Perilous Plunder Weapon Bundle
    • Space Pirate Outfit Bundle
    • Space Pirate Full Gear Bundle
    • Premium Summer Sideshow Ticket Bundles come in three sets of tiers:
      • Bronze - 5 Premium Seasonal Tickets
      • Silver - 10 Premium Seasonal Tickets and 1 Bonus Golden Seasonal Ticket
      • Gold - 20 Premium Seasonal Tickets and a 3 Bonus Golden Seasonal Tickets
    • Neon MKVI Weapon Skin Bundle Pack
    • Retro Neon Gear Cosmetic Bundle
    • Future Neon Gear Cosmetic Bundle

Beta 1 for this update contains a lot of exciting new features! As such, feedback is going to be incredibly important. Stay tuned for a link to a survey where you, the community, will be able to provide your feedback directly to us! Thank you!

Addressed Community Feedback
As mentioned in the 2018 Killing Floor 2 ‘State of the Game’ our goal is to bring to the community a continued stream of QOL changes for each update throughout the year. Please continue to report any QOL changes you believe should be added to the game by submitting your feedback in the ‘general’ section on our official forums at: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/forum/killing-floor-2

General
  • Skip Trader Vote Improvements
    • A vote system similar to the player kick system is implemented for skipping Trader time. When one player initiates the Skip Trader, it appears as a vote for the rest of the team.
  • Healing UI Improvements
    • Player health bars will now display an additional bar that represents the amount of health being healed over time.

Balance
  • Weapons
    • Seeker Six
      • Weapon weight reduced from 9 to 8.
      • Impact damage increased from 120 to 125.
      • Explosion damage increased from 125 to 160.
      • Explosion radius increased by 40%.
      • Ammo price per magazine increased from 40 to 55.
      • Distance before round duds reduced to allow closer explosions.
    • Mac 10
      • Bullet damage increased from 25 to 28.
      • Bullet burn rate reduced by 35%.
      • Bullet stumble rate increased by 66%.
      • Damage over time damage increased by 33%.
      • Damage over time burn rate reduced by 53%
      • Trader price reduced from 1100 to 900 Dosh.
    • Bone Crusher
      • Added new damage sources that the weapon can block :
        • E.D.A.R. Laser barrage.
        • E.D.A.R. Rocket barrage.
        • E.D.A.R. Trapper Beam.
        • Matriarch Tesla Blast.
  • Perks
    • Berserker
      • Level 25 ZED TIME - Berserker Rage
        • Fear does not cause Zeds to flee anymore. It now immobilizes them.
    • Survivalist
      • Level 25 ZED TIME - Lockdown
        • Knockdown and stumble rate modifiers have been removed.
        • The Perk skill now allows all weapons to stun Zeds with a high fixed stun rate during Zed time.
      • Level 10 Melee Expert
        • Melee damage boost increased from 50% to 75%.
    • Field Medic
      • Level 15 Acidic Rounds
        • Damage over time damage increased by 30%.

Designer Note :

For the Skip Trader Vote improvements, we implemented the system using elements from the player kick system to make the process of skipping the trader easier and clearer for players.

As for the healing UI improvements, we want to add more clarity on the amount of health being healed on any player. This will help players gauge and improve their healing.

The Seeker Six was underperforming compared to the other Demolitionist Tier 4 weapons. We made some tweaks in order to make it more attractive to use while differentiating it more from the RPG-7 and the Husk Cannon. We increased the explosion radius and damage to improve its ability to handle groups of weaker Zeds. We reduced the arming distance of the projectile to allow explosions to occur closer to the player to boost its close quarters effectiveness, but this will also add a risk factor by increasing the likelihood of taking self-inflicted damage from the explosions. Finally, the weight was reduced to allow more weapon loadout combinations.

The Mac 10 received some changes in order to improve its viability for the Firebug and SWAT Perks. The burn rate has been reduced to reduce the likelihood of causing Zeds to fire panic too fast, and the damage of the damage over time and bullet stumble rate have both been increased to allow the weapon to deal with medium to larger Zeds more effectively. Also, the base damage has been increased and the Dosh price has been reduced to allow the weapon to become more viable in earlier waves.

The Bone Crusher was updated to improve the defensive capabilities against E.D.A.R.s and the Matriarch.

The Berserker ZED TIME - Berserker Rage now immobilizes the feared Zeds instead of making them run away. This should help improve its gameplay with all Perks, allowing players to have an easier time landing their shots.

The Survivalist ZED TIME - Lockdown Perk skill has been reworked to allow any weapon used by the Survivalist to apply stun to any Zed. We want this skill to effectively ‘lockdown’ Zeds, and the previous iteration did not suffice in doing that properly.

The Survivalist Melee Expert Perk skill was underperforming so we increased the damage boost a little more in order to improve the melee viability of the skill.

The Field Medic Acidic Rounds Perk skill also got a boost to its damage to become a better tool for Field Medics with a more offensive gameplay style.

Bug Fixes
Also mentioned in the 2019 Killing Floor 2 ‘State of the Game’ our goal is to bring to the community a continued stream of community reported bug fixes for each update throughout the year. Please continue to report any bugs you discover by visiting our official forums at: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/forum/killing-floor-2 and posting in the ‘PC’ or ‘Console’ sections.

Top Community Issues:
  • Fixed an issue where the Survivalist Perk’s secondary XP objective was not granting XP.
  • Fixed an issue where weapons would not benefit from Zed time until after firing the second shot which prevented slower reloading weapons (ex. Mosin Nagant) from being useful during Zed time.
  • Fixed an issue with all grenades fired from underslung launchers which would sometimes cause erratic behavior in poor connection environments.

Zeds:
  • Fixed an issue where the Matriarch’s Tesla Blast would remain queued up for use during the destruction of her arm cannon.
  • Fixed an issue where the Commando’s callout ability was not showing the Matriarch’s red outline to teammates.

Maps:
  • Fixed an issue in Biolapse where a section of the wall was not rendering material on low and medium graphics settings.
  • Fixed an issue in Sanitarium where users were able to get to an unintended location with the Doomstick.

Weapons:
  • Fixed an issue where the Ion Thruster's special attack was inheriting the damage multiplier corresponding to its last swing.
  • Fixed an issue with the HRG Incendiary Rifle where if you throw it down and pick it back up the grenade ammo refilled.
  • Fixed an issue with the Railgun where its lock-on would remain even after changing fire modes.
  • Fixed an issue with the Hemoclobber not showing reload animations outside of first person view.
  • Fixed an issue with the Pulverizer and the Eviscerator glowing green when dropped while out of ammo.
  • Fixed an issue with the Compound Bow where the Cryo Arrow FX would shift away from the arrow as the sight was moved.
  • Fixed an issue with the Compound Bow where the Cryo Arrow FX would have a large amount of motion blur applied when shifting aim.

Cosmetics:
  • Addressed an issue where users were receiving Dosh Vault Crates after any and all account activity.
  • Fixed multiple issues with skins where blood was not applying to the skin:
    • Dragon & Koi Pulverizer
    • Dragon & Koi Eviscerator
    • Vault Vosh Precious Hemoclobber
  • Fixed multiple issues with skins not having textures applied to parts of the model:
    • Dragon Koi MP7 - Sights
    • Dragon Koi AK12 - Sights
    • Dragon Koi M16 203 - Underslung Barrel

User Interface
  • Fixed an issue in the Trader menu where the weapon damage bar would reflect the previously selected weapon and not the current selection.
Localization
  • Adjusted multiple localization strings to better fit within the UI space available:
    • Polish
      • HMTech-501 - Trader menu
      • Dual HRG Buckshots - Trader menu
    • Japanese
      • SG-500 - Trader menu
    • English
      • Halloween Cauldron Backpack - Gear menu
      • Christmas Teddybear Backpack - Gear menu

As always, thank you for your continued support!

Last edited:
Reactions: utek
I have experienced the preview for an hour. Let me summarize my thoughts.:)

advantage
1.Bundle weapons strength is good(Personal feeling is good, maybe some players will think they are too strong)
2.HRG's skin color is good(Only personal point of view, but long-term look at the same color, or bored)
3.HRG weapon strength is OK(But Tesla may be too strong)
4.Fixed some weapon skin problems(But TWI didn't fix SCAR-H Dragon & Koi)

shortcoming
1.The G18c model is OK, but the action is too rigid. The key is that the details of the model are poor, which is not as good as the original.(Reload doesn't have a single sound effect. It uses a 9mm sound effect, which doesn't sound good, especially when 9mm and G18c are used together,No magazine details.)
2.Blunderbuss has a separate sound effect, but the animation is also rigid.The weapon FOV is too low to see many details.(Better than the G18c, at least it has a separate sound effect, but I doubt the skin of the bundle can be effectively displayed to the players.Model display area is too small.)

I hope that the g18c will have new sound effects and add some details of the model it should have.Even ordinary reload and tactical reload have the same animation actions.This is too lazy. I even suspect that the new weapons are manufactured by others.The paid weapons have to be more elaborate. I wanted to pay for them, but I can't stand the quality.

@Yoshiro @Kittenmittens Thank you, because the details are really important, especially the paid content.

Reactions: utek
Upvote 0
I have experienced the preview for an hour. Let me summarize my thoughts.:)

advantage
1.Bundle weapons strength is good(Personal feeling is good, maybe some players will think they are too strong)
2.HRG's skin color is good(Only personal point of view, but long-term look at the same color, or bored)
3.HRG weapon strength is OK(But Tesla may be too strong)
4.Fixed some weapon skin problems(But TWI didn't fix SCAR-H Dragon & Koi)

shortcoming
1.The G18c model is OK, but the action is too rigid. The key is that the details of the model are poor, which is not as good as the original.(Reload doesn't have a single sound effect. It uses a 9mm sound effect, which doesn't sound good, especially when 9mm and G18c are used together,No magazine details.)
2.Blunderbuss has a separate sound effect, but the animation is also rigid.The weapon FOV is too low to see many details.(Better than the G18c, at least it has a separate sound effect, but I doubt the skin of the bundle can be effectively displayed to the players.Model display area is too small.)

I hope that the g18c will have new sound effects and add some details of the model it should have.Even ordinary reload and tactical reload have the same animation actions.This is too lazy. I even suspect that the new weapons are manufactured by others.The paid weapons have to be more elaborate. I wanted to pay for them, but I can't stand the quality.

@Yoshiro @Kittenmittens Thank you, because the details are really important, especially the paid content.
@BD38 @Dudmaster
giveweapon KFGameContent.KFWeap_pistol_DualG18
giveweapon KFGameContent.KFWeap_pistol_ Blunderbuss
Need to enter cheating code

Upvote 0
Hi, me and my friend experienced some issues in beta 1 that i wanna vent out here, and hope for you to get these fixed in beta 2.

first off, the pulverizer ammo is 2 instead of 20
and second, when we completed the seasonal objectives, and weren't rewarded the space monkey backpack. PLEASE fix this! it's really driving us mad at this point

Upvote 0
Blunderbuss is just so boring...come on TWI you can do better than that!
First I thought it will be firing a explosive bouncing ball that cause explosion on impact, bouncing a few times before burned out...but no, just a bigger M79 with 3 round mag.. :rolleyes:
With shotgun mode.But now there are many bugs in preview.I have a deep suspicion that the DLC weapons are not finished yet.Animation, sounds, details, mainly in these three aspects.I guess it's caused by sars-cov-2. Home office is not as efficient as company office.

Upvote 0
Hello guys, i tested this patch yesterday and some things upset me very much. I could not write about it on forum, where at least one of the developers can read it. I’ll only talk about unbalanced things, the rest suit me and fit into the game.

Siker six
What the point to fix rocket dmg from 120 to 125 (it doesn’t affect anything at all) and the damage of the explosions was as it was, and remained very small.

Skip Trade
Now it's almost impossible to skip trader time. Before this vore it was really easy to buy something, click "skip" and wait until player(s) are ready. Failure to vote simply removes the vote button until the end of the trade?

Glock18
This is the most disgusting weapon I've seen. It looks as cheap as possible, even in butt-kick animation. It is also noticeable that the weapon is poorly balanced, because it kills FP in seconds (yes, high DPS, but seriously?). Ofc, this is just my opinion.

Tesla 501
The new rifle kills large zeds better than helios, which costs 2,000 tugriks and has damage 2 times lower than this rifle. Yes, this is a very interesting idea and now the berserker can really keep the side with the shooting classes, but it looks ... too unbalanced.

Mac10
Until now, no one has used this weapon and has not found normal use for it. It seems to me that the only way to make it normal is to do more DOT damage (as in kf1), and this weapon was all nobody needed and remains.

Kaboomstick
I looked at different variations of weapons from demo, but I did not understand: why do we need this weapon? It copes poorly with SC and deals more or less normal damage only to FP. Amount of ammo is small, the damage even with increasing radius and damage (1st and 3rd skills) is still not very high. More precisely, I would say that this is like a more powerful copy of the grenade pistol.

Orca
For a long time I tried to understand: how could this weapon be combined with support. Some kind of weird built-in shotgun still raises a lot of questions. With some shots (close range), the orc does the same damage as the RPG, which in principle is difficult to consider something normal. And if before the shell was traveling on the ground until it met an object, now it explodes in a second. It seems to me or is it a loss of the initial idea of a weapon? (everyone knows where this idea came from).

Many new weapons raised many questions. Of course, there will be 2 beta, and then the official patch, but I hope that they will figure it out and fix it somehow. At the moment, it looks like we are testing an alpha test, not a beta test.

Upvote 0
Hello guys, i tested this patch yesterday and some things upset me very much. I could not write about it on forum, where at least one of the developers can read it. I’ll only talk about unbalanced things, the rest suit me and fit into the game.

Siker six
What the point to fix rocket dmg from 120 to 125 (it doesn’t affect anything at all) and the damage of the explosions was as it was, and remained very small.

Skip Trade
Now it's almost impossible to skip trader time. Before this vore it was really easy to buy something, click "skip" and wait until player(s) are ready. Failure to vote simply removes the vote button until the end of the trade?

Glock18
This is the most disgusting weapon I've seen. It looks as cheap as possible, even in butt-kick animation. It is also noticeable that the weapon is poorly balanced, because it kills FP in seconds (yes, high DPS, but seriously?). Ofc, this is just my opinion.

Tesla 501
The new rifle kills large zeds better than helios, which costs 2,000 tugriks and has damage 2 times lower than this rifle. Yes, this is a very interesting idea and now the berserker can really keep the side with the shooting classes, but it looks ... too unbalanced.

Mac10
Until now, no one has used this weapon and has not found normal use for it. It seems to me that the only way to make it normal is to do more DOT damage (as in kf1), and this weapon was all nobody needed and remains.

Kaboomstick
I looked at different variations of weapons from demo, but I did not understand: why do we need this weapon? It copes poorly with SC and deals more or less normal damage only to FP. Amount of ammo is small, the damage even with increasing radius and damage (1st and 3rd skills) is still not very high. More precisely, I would say that this is like a more powerful copy of the grenade pistol.

Orca
For a long time I tried to understand: how could this weapon be combined with support. Some kind of weird built-in shotgun still raises a lot of questions. With some shots (close range), the orc does the same damage as the RPG, which in principle is difficult to consider something normal. And if before the shell was traveling on the ground until it met an object, now it explodes in a second. It seems to me or is it a loss of the initial idea of a weapon? (everyone knows where this idea came from).

Many new weapons raised many questions. Of course, there will be 2 beta, and then the official patch, but I hope that they will figure it out and fix it somehow. At the moment, it looks like we are testing an alpha test, not a beta test.
Yes, it's just the alpha test. There's the beta test on the 26th of this month.And Twi's new game "Maneater" will go online this month, so the quality of this alpha test has declined, and we hope beta test can be restored.! @Yoshiro @Kittenmittens

Upvote 0

Siker six

Skip Trade

Glock18

Tesla 501

Mac10

Kaboomstick

Orca

I think that u didn't test well all that weps. The kaboom its useful for zerker if upgraded to lvl 2, and i killed lots of sc and fps stumbling and then making head critics with it as combo hits. On case of new zerker wep Tesla, i think that u have a bad concept of a glass canon wep for zerker. This wep its for crowd control when full fps in rage. Today i did an exhaustive test with as zerker and surv fully upgraded with 5 players on HOE endless, and it hands on in lots of hairy situations. The glock needs to be fixed cos its a simple glock but remodeled and it's a hand cannon literally. But like kaboom lvl 2 upgrade, it kills fps in seconds if u know how to.

Upvote 0
@BD38 @Dudmaster
giveweapon KFGameContent.KFWeap_pistol_DualG18
giveweapon KFGameContent.KFWeap_pistol_ Blunderbuss
Need to enter cheating code

I enter in some preview servers, and see that they have blunder and the glock, apart of the all new skins retrog etc. How they do that, cos im on ingame not from beginning, so doesnt work give weapon command.

Upvote 0
The new map is quite nice, it seemed very big before I memorized all the routes.
Teslauncher DPS could be reduced a bit. And what kind of damage it deals ? Fire or microwave ?
I was confused that Kaboomstick is not a crossperk gun with Support, but well ... and in performance:
It's a better version of HX-25, but do we really need it ?
I don't get why Uzi has been rebalanced, it was fine to me before.

Upvote 0
I enter in some preview servers, and see that they have blunder and the glock, apart of the all new skins retrog etc. How they do that, cos im on ingame not from beginning, so doesnt work give weapon command.
If it is a server, you need to add "admin" in front of the code, and only administrators can use it.Administrators also need to use cheating codes :)

Upvote 0
The new map is quite nice, it seemed very big before I memorized all the routes.
Teslauncher DPS could be reduced a bit. And what kind of damage it deals ? Fire or microwave ?
I was confused that Kaboomstick is not a crossperk gun with Support, but well ... and in performance:
It's a better version of HX-25, but do we really need it ?
I don't get why Uzi has been rebalanced, it was fine to me before.
Yes, Tesla's flame is too much of a sight.Its bullets are microwave damage.

Upvote 0
I remember that some servers could see the new weapon written in the sharing system.This may be a bug, but I don't know.It can also be the result of entering a code?:unsure:

Upvote 0