• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor 2 in Paris and the new gore system

Dub

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 5, 2011
I mark my way into Forum history. First post and thread, woop.

Anyway, how do you guys believe Killing Floor taking a transition over to France instead of England? I like the change, and feel new character voices will go well with the old characters we used to play with.

Also, 95+ death animations on all the ZEDs? Jesus Christ all mighty. That's kiiinda awesome. Thank you, TWI. You blew our expectations away, for sure.

Spoiler!

New logo for the upcoming game! I'm so excited about it :D

Upvote 0
I'm too excited for this release! The new gore system sounds like an amazing amount of fun, I'm getting shivers just thinking about the explosions and carnage that I'll cause once it's out. :)

I think I might go insane actually, I NEED to know more about this! Killing Floor has probably been the only game I've ever stood behind 100% no matter what, I bought three copies on release and I've grinded and grinded ZEDs for soooo many hours that it's a miracle I haven't become a psychopath yet! :D

Love you guys, this announcement made my year!

Upvote 0
I couldn't read through it fast enough! I wanted to know everything right now! I can definitely say my patience for things just ceased after reading about KF2! The real question I have though is will previous maps be interchangeable? Or does it open up a whole new era?

KF1 was UT2004 engine (I think) KF2 will use UE3 (same as RO2) so I doubt it!

Upvote 0
KF 1 was on a modified UE 2.5. KF 2 runs on a base version of UE 3 is that several years newer than the one we used for RO 2 and further heavily modified by us.

Are there any chances you going for an upgrade to UE 4, or are there some Testbuilds based upon. I am a little afraid hearing heavily modified UE 3. It always reminds me on on what UBI did to it with in terms of Rainbow Six Vegas.... I am curious because of future gen HW and feature sets. Less overhead, easier accessability due to the overall UE 4 push right now.

Upvote 0
Are there any chances you going for an upgrade to UE 4, or are there some Testbuilds based upon. I am a little afraid hearing heavily modified UE 3. It always reminds me on on what UBI did to it with in terms of Rainbow Six Vegas.... I am curious because of future gen HW and feature sets. Less overhead, easier accessability due to the overall UE 4 push right now.

Keep in mind it takes a couple of years to develop a game on a new game engine. We started KF2 before UE4 was available. And switching to UE4 would mean at least an extra year or 2 of development. Honestly though, UE4 is a really cool engine but with the modifications we've done to UE3 it looks great and is very advanced graphically. Think back to when Bioshock came out. It looked great for the time, and it was actually UE2! It was a heavily modified and upgraded UE2, just like we're using a heavily modified and upgraded UE3.

Upvote 0
Keep in mind it takes a couple of years to develop a game on a new game engine. We started KF2 before UE4 was available. And switching to UE4 would mean at least an extra year or 2 of development. Honestly though, UE4 is a really cool engine but with the modifications we've done to UE3 it looks great and is very advanced graphically. Think back to when Bioshock came out. It looked great for the time, and it was actually UE2! It was a heavily modified and upgraded UE2, just like we're using a heavily modified and upgraded UE3.

Pretty OT, but I just wanted to thank you for being awesome to us for all these years.

Upvote 0
The question is: will we get the christmass event in KF2?

I personally hope not, I'd rather they spend christmas adding to the "core" game.

The christmas zeds were an awesome thing for the devs to do but I don't think it did anything good for the actual game. The maps that got added woulda been cooler if they weren't crimbo-themed and the amount of work put in for the music and zed remodels coulda been used for something else. I really didn't like how KF eventually got bloated with content to a point where it was like some kind of elaborate visual gag.

The main reason why I looked forward to the events was the possibility of new guns. The Heavy Metal and Level Up updates I enjoyed the most.

Upvote 0
Another game that not only lays a great foundation for the modding community, but also backed by a company that goes out of their way to reward their hard work and effort with ways to get their names out there and actual monetary reimbursements.

It's nice to not only see the company grow at this point, but watch it go from a modest modding community that I grew up with UT2k4, to a full fledged company that hasn't lost its roots.

Also have to say I'm impressed that's UE3.

Upvote 0