• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor 2 Halloween 2020 Beta Steam/EGS PC Build 1103

I've already tried minigun and it feels like it's much better than upgrated stoner and it makes me upset.
Same goes to HX25 not having alt-fire like scorcher.
Mine Reconstructor feels underwhelming, feels like "healthrower for 10$" that also can't heal its user.
NGL, new Arc Generator is the first ever OFF-PERK weapon I find interesting, only problem it has no elite reload like Killerwatt.

I also kinda like new map... kinda.

Upvote 0
PLEASE don't remove the 9mm from gun cycle, can you add an option in settings for those of us long term players (2k hours in my case) who use the 9mm a lot. It's annoyed a lot of long term players, even if it's something simple like you've done for the welder where there's a toggle box in settings - let us choose if we want the 9mm easy to get to or not

Minigun and mine launcher seem kinda lackluster, minigun isn't far off the stoner and mine launcher doesn't have the ammo to justify laying 12 mines when they all get set off at once (would have expected a more C4 style triggering)
Arc is good for CC, the orb is almost sarcastically slow, not sure if it was a bug going that slow or if it's just lacking in dmg that makes it seem pointless. More dmg or faster would probably settle it.
Firebug's gun is odd, sometimes OP, other times so UP...and being blocked by siren's screams is daft, it's not really an explosive so shouldn't get blocked by it??

Underslung fix is great, long overdue and one less thing I need to actively keep track of when using those guns.
Healthrower needed the boost, seen a lot of medics use it then ditch it as it just couldn't keep up with the team and couldn't heal fast enough. Thank you (as a long time medic it's nice to see our voices got heard!)
Not 100% sure the medic nade gas should be blocked by welded/closed doors, 50/50 if it stops the dmg in the games I've been in - walls is a no brainer, needed that sorted, but through doors was always a great perk of being medic.

Keep up the hard work guys, love the game and the new content always makes matches interesting :)

Upvote 0
I'd request two additional adjustments for the Helios Rifle and the Killerwatt to be implemented during this update besides the other ones. These would be the following:

Killerwatt

- Add the ability to the survivalist perk to use the elite reload of this weapon. It does have elite reload, but none of the perks can use it (not even the survivalist)
- Change the damage type for the primary attack from "Ballistic (Assault Rifle)" to "Microwave" (same as secondary fire, which is OK). This would help a lot when you face FPs and Scrakes in Endless - HOE in higher waves.

Helios Rifle

- Add the elite reload ability to the Firebug perk at least (almost the same request as I've mentioned for the Killerwatt above)
- When comparing this weapon to the Microwave Gun it feels way too weak and no upgrades are available either. My suggestion would be either to raise the damage from 50 to 75 or lower the resistance of the Zeds against this weapon.

By the way, I tried all four weapons in the past few days and I think they are awesome. I especially like the HRG Arc Generator and the Minigun. I'm gonna buy both DLC weapons for sure. :)

I'd filled out the form and sent to you with my small observation regarding the new weapons (requested by you via Steam).

Last but not least, thanks for your hard work and dedication. Keep it up guys! ;)

Reactions: missing_trigger
Upvote 0
Really, you think the Helios needs a buff? A weapon which had its upgrade removed because it was considered OP.

I do wonder sometimes how people play because from experience - many 100s of hours at this point - the Helios is in a good place. May I suggest not spraying it everywhere at everything and instead using an alternate weapon, that way you will save Helios ammo for more appropriate targets. Just my two cents, as you were.

Reactions: TheWaywardKid
Upvote 0
The Arc Generator alt fire being so slow is a comical sight, but I actually love it that way. It feels very unique, being strangely between a boomstick blast penetrating through a crowd, and a molotov ground fire that you lead the crowd into. If it were as fast as a shotgun pellet, it would feel much more like a shotgun blast, and be much less interesting.
What would be nice to improve with it, though, would be making sure that it can consistently hurt targets close up. When a somewhat fast zed is really close, the ball lightning can 'skip' right through him, shooting out his back without noticeably affecting him, when it would have killed him outright if it passed through at a bit more distance. The orb getting a 2x or 3x damage bonus that applies for only a short fraction of a second after it's fired could counteract that perfectly.

Last edited:
Upvote 0