• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor 2 Grim Treatments Opt In Beta Is Now Live!

A couple of questions about the beta, being new(ish) to the game...

I've heard that if I opt in for the betas, my custom maps will all be deleted, making it so I have to re-download all of them. Is this true? If so, can I just back up my custom maps folder and paste it back in after opting into the beta? Also, will the maps be deleted anyway once the real update hits for everyone?

I'm also wondering if you can still play with those who haven't opted into the beta once you have opted in. Can you still play with anyone, or only the people who are also trying the beta?

Thanks in advance for any answers to these questions.

Upvote 0
GigaBowserX;n2334544 said:
A couple of questions about the beta, being new(ish) to the game...

I've heard that if I opt in for the betas, my custom maps will all be deleted, making it so I have to re-download all of them. Is this true? If so, can I just back up my custom maps folder and paste it back in after opting into the beta? Also, will the maps be deleted anyway once the real update hits for everyone?

I'm also wondering if you can still play with those who haven't opted into the beta once you have opted in. Can you still play with anyone, or only the people who are also trying the beta?

Thanks in advance for any answers to these questions.

Custom maps aren't deleted as such, they're just not selectable in solo, offline play but will be for beta 2.

Once in the beta, you can only play on servers which have also been updated to the beta, which means yeah, you can only play with other people on the beta but don't worry as lots and lots of people do.

Reactions: GigaBowserX
Upvote 0
RawrUK;n2334545 said:
Custom maps aren't deleted as such, they're just not selectable in solo, offline play but will be for beta 2.

Once in the beta, you can only play on servers which have also been updated to the beta, which means yeah, you can only play with other people on the beta but don't worry as lots and lots of people do.

Thanks for the info! In that case, I might just wait for beta 2 to begin. I assume some of the bugs and loose ends will be ironed out from the first beta by that point, right? I also got pretty tired of the event Zeds during this past summer event, so starting with beta 2 will give me a little more time to spend with the normal Zeds.

Upvote 0