• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Kicking off 2020 with a couple of Holdout maps.

s5yn3t

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 20, 2015
Its been a while since we had a new holdout style map (and i mean the descend, nightmare and power core style of holdout.... maybe also krampus lair)
I began liking them more and more because of how it forces random players to work as a team to survive, or perish quickly because they went fudge all like on a normal wide open survival map.

Edit: icing on a cake if a map would have 20 room to randomly choose from, to make rng less predictable and increase maps replayability.

Last edited:

LunaticMaster

Jun 5, 2013
Finland
I hate Holdout maps with burning passion. I hate them just because they are always too cramped. I hate narrow places, irl and in video games...

s5yn3t

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 20, 2015
Claustrophobia much?
If you hate it, you have an option to avoid it... While some would like to see new maps in holdout style.
Since normal survival maps tend to get boring simply because of always sticking to one spot yo survive the whole match, while holdout keeps you moving between areas.

The only place i will agree with your burning hatred for cramped space is the sanitarium map.
It has more choke points than tf2's dustbowl xD

manoleirando

Jul 3, 2013
I like this idea, Nightmare and Powercore in HoE are a good challenge, I would like to see more maps like this two.

Aleflippy

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 18, 2012
Belgium
I'm a sucker for holdout maps myself! But it is true that they tend to be very cramped... More open versions would be great (if taking more ressources I presume).

That may also be me, but I would love another map like DieSector... Something truly tailored to Endless. Obviously, we don't need twenty maps like that. But one or two more would be cool !

s5yn3t

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 20, 2015
Just hopefully not diesector 2.0 where you now have a 3rd floor of same really tight space that you can barely have any room to move around to avoid zeds xD

Aleflippy

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 18, 2012
Belgium
Hopefully not, but I have to admit I have something for creepy test labs he he he...

Other than that, it's mostly for the constantly evolving arena that I'd like one or more maps in that style.