• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Code KFEditor No Longer Exists? [Post Opt-In Beta] Will the KFEditor return before launch?

GuNSl1nG3R

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 20, 2016
[Solved]
I went to finish a custom perk I had been working on since before the opt-in beta, and found out that I can no longer compile the code. I had been using the method described at http://forums.tripwireinteractive.co...rt-is-released

As of sometime in the last month, that method was broken. After reinstalling the game, and reinstalling it a second time (100% fresh), I have discovered the game no longer includes the KFEditor.ini file, nor the KFEditor application. In steamapps\common\killingfloor2\Binaries\Win64 I find a shortcut to the KFEditor, but the shortcut is broken, and using the Windows run command of KFEditor.exe UnrealEd.Make confirms that the KFEditor.exe no longer exists.

Is anyone aware of what's happened with the editor, or aware of an alternative to compile code? If compiling code is currently gone, does anyone know if we will see its return before launch? Or should I put this half completed custom perk on hold for 3 months?

Last edited:
I have compiled since post opt in beta just fine. When you reinstalled did you uninstall local files first? There are 2 places files will reside. One being the aforementioned C:\Users\YourName\Documents\My Games\KillingFloor2 and also In C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\killingfloor2. I would delete both these directories to ensure a totally clean install.

Reiinstall game...Reinstalll KF2SDK. Open Gameonce. Open SDK once. Then try and compile and see what happens. Now to compile I have my code in my SRC directory. As long as my kfeditor.ini has the proper lines telling the editor what to do. EX: "ModPackages=MyPackage" I then just click my KF2SDK desktop shortcut and I then get an option to Update scripts and click yes.
Spoiler!

Hope that works for you. ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Solved. I had forgotten that you had to include the "ModPackages=MyPackage" line, so when the patch hit it wiped the KFeditor.ini and the only thing that was missing/wrong was missing that line.

The other issues was I needed to reinstall the KF2SDK - shouldn't have thought to rely upon Steam to redownload. Then I also had to try and compile code once, as the KFEditor.ini didn't exist until I tried compiling code (or presumably opened the KF2SDK app).

Now onwards to bug fixing. Thanks oldschool.

Upvote 0