• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Stream Workshop KFEditor Crash

forrestmark9

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 29, 2011
KFEditor will crash when I try to brew a package for upload to the steam workshop, it will do this no matter what as long as I use the commandlet brewcontent

I do not have Steam installed in a non-default location so this crash is completely unknown

best logs I can provide

Code:
Log: Executing Class UnrealEd.BrewContentCommandlet
Warning, no platform specified. Assuming Windows client.
Shader map Env_Basic_Surface_Types_PM had an invalid uniform expression set and was discarded!  This most likely indicates a bug in cooking, and the default material will be used instead.
Shader map Env_Grass_Ground_PM had an invalid uniform expression set and was discarded!  This most likely indicates a bug in cooking, and the default material will be used instead.
Skipping ..\..\KFGame\BrewedPC\LocalShaderCache-PC-D3D-SM5.upk because it hasn't changed.
[May 5, 12:04 PM] COMMANDLET 'KFEditor.exe brewcontent FPBackPackMut -useunpublished' FAILED

Have you tried using KF2SDK? I believe the brew button will brew whatever is currently in your SRC directory... I'm not positive but its worth a try.

I was fixing some textures in a map and used the brew option when I was finished- I then noticed that SDK brewed whatever content I had left in my SRC directory also.

I tried that and still crash, I found a work around by just doing everything manually like placing the script from Unpublished and into Published

Upvote 0