• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF2 released - servers filled

Yeah, I don't get why people are surprised about the servers. Bound to happen on release day for a game as hyped as KF 2.
yeah but i did expect more than 10 servers in australia. or the ability to host a listen server.

even if i set up a dedicated host myself it's bound to instantly fill. i'm not altruistic enough to give 6 randoms the joy of finding an empty server

Upvote 0
I can't connect to any server, it says "server is already at capacity" even when it 2/6 players.

Just doing solo and beat Hans on Normal on Outpost. Looks like "Normal" is the new "Easy" after all, but not sure if that's good or bad.

"Online Matchmaking" worked the first time I tried it but my guess is right now that there's no servers available. I bet the server menu is gonna get a lot of s*** for what is actually a capacity problem.

Edit: Actually server browser is a total pile of S*** right now, filters aren't working for full/empty and even when I try to join a server that says it's empty the join button does nothing.

On the other hand the Join As Spectator option is working and at least I can do that for now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Day 1 of a major game is always brutal. I figure it'll cool off, or not once the West Coast people hammer things in a few hours.

I don't mind sitting around learning the ropes, maps, weapons, and perking up in the meantime. No wonder people from KF1 had such a hard time with the Beta initially. It's nothing like the first mechanically. At least that's how it initially feels.

Run also feels A LOT slower than it looked on videos unless they changed things. Walking is still KF1 slow lol.

Upvote 0
There have been other problems aside from no available servers... such as servers crashing with too many connection requests. I'm running 18 servers right now, some of which crash periodically due to that reason. Although both problems will be somewhat alleviated because Tripwire is adding some more servers (according to their Twitter).

Upvote 0
i remember stating a week or so back that we would need peer to peer hosting to alleviate the lack of dedicated hosting at launch.

today i find out that wasn't an option. it was obvious the dedicated hosting could never keep up, i suggested 10K people all showing up at once would need 1667 servers. last i was online we had half that for 16k people.

the lack of dedicated hosts is NOT tripwires fault. the lack of listen servers IS tripwires fault.

i'm going to see about buying a cheap refurbished laptop to setup as a dedicated host for my friends and I.

Upvote 0
KF2 hasn't released, it has entered its early access stage where an even larger amount of people are used to TEST the game (even if they do it just by spamming server connects :p ).
well i'm testing the **** out of solo. there are 6 non password protected servers under 150ms ping and they're obviously constantly full.

Do your part and rent a server! I'm doing my part!

my fibre provider is doing an upgrade to my area a day from now. if i can i'll setup a dedicated host

Upvote 0