• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF-WTFMut, betabees

Woo

Woo

okay kids time for a small update sorry no files in this one but some good news.
the original sum of all original textures was over 125megs, yeah that was insane sorry, that was my fault.
The updated files so far for textures is now down to only 44megs.
So no more REALLY long waits for it to download.
Also we are subdividing all textures into their on respective .utx files.

Oh and a late Christmas present for everyone, a small hint as to what is coming your way...
FSyringe_zps7ce4218e.jpg

Lets just say, you'll feel the fury...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
List off the top of my head on what will be broken:

*Zed spawning system.
*Melee weapon fire code changed.
*Shotguns may need updating.
*Medic guns and various other exploit fixes for vanilla weapons. Not sure if you're weapons extend them or not.

*Marcos serverperks updated alot, may need some updates.

Also welcome back from the dead. ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
List off the top of my head on what will be broken:

*Zed spawning system.
*Melee weapon fire code changed.
*Shotguns may need updating.
*Medic guns and various other exploit fixes for vanilla weapons. Not sure if you're weapons extend them or not.

*Marcos serverperks updated alot, may need some updates.

Also welcome back from the dead. ;)

adding to the list:
- sometimes the WTF Nuke kills the whole team (fixed in KFLMod);
- WTF Weapons and vanilla weapons are sharing ammo (need custom Ammo classes, and do not extend from existing ammo classes);
i.e: instead of
Code:
class WTFEquipFTAmmo extends FlameAmmo;
use
Code:
class WTFEquipFTAmmo extends KFAmmunition;
(otherwise WTFEquipFTAmmo will be shared with FlameAmmo)
- m79cf crashes the server sometimes (see open thread in the code forum)

some requests:
- please rename the anims/sm/sounds/texture packages (otherwise I guess it will broke existing mods based on WTF, allot of mods are using those textures/sms).
- upload the stuff in the Steam Workshop :)

thanks guys, welcome back!
:)

Upvote 0
Texture names

Texture names

I've gone through, sub-divided, renamed and reformatted all textures.
For example, there where 2 .utx files before. Now there is a WTF_Flare.utx for the Flaregun and the Flaregun only.
This file will include the 1st and 3rd person skins.
Same for all other equipment. Same for all zed textures.
This was done to make things easier for trouble shooting and some other reasons.

And btw,
Thanks for the info on changes and requests we feed on that info. KEEP IT COMING!!!

Upvote 0
First off, you probably shouldn't try to run WTF 1.4 right now. As 1.4 was, it won't even compile with the current KF codebase.

things fixed/reworked/added so far in 1.5 + comments on requests

• all perk-specific special behaviors code for equipment has been majorly updated to be more efficient, clean, bug-free, and compatible with current KF codebase.
  • non-DLC melee weapons
    • zerker gets wider damage arc with melee weaps
    • zerker slowed down less or not at all (varies by equipment) by swinging melee weaps in most cases
    • reworked code for Death From Above on Axe and Chainsaw Alt-Fire to be more efficient / compatible with new KF melee code.
  • non-DLC shotguns
    • support spec can switch between shot/slugs with all of 'em
    • slugs have significantly less spread/aim error than shot, whether you're looking down sights or not, though you probably won't be sniping anything with slugs.
  • non-DLC commando rifles
    • commando can switch between Semi-,Full-, or Super-Auto with all of 'em.
  • non-DLC grenade launchers
    • M79CF fires clusterbombs for Demo, firebombs for Firebug
    • UM32 Demo-only alt-fire: Proximity Charges
    • UM32 Firebombs for Firebug
  • The LAWL
    • what was once on the M79CF for Firebug is now here: massive Fire Field
  • Perk Selection - work in progress...
    • No more Perk Poker!
    • using the standard game menus will switch you to the appropriate WTF Veterancy. If you enter a game as or switch to a Firebug, you'll end up as a WTF Firebug. It isn't perfected (yet) but it 100% does work as a client or listen server host.
  • Compatibility with Server Perks or separating WTF Equipment from WTF Perks
    • I'd like to eventually, BUT...most WTF Equipment is tied in some way to WTF Perks for access to cool behaviors, and without those behaviors, many WTF Equips are pretty much the same as default KF.
    • How it will probably end up working is I'll somehow expose the special behavior requirements in a config file/mutator configuration options so you can mix/match whatever perks/equipment you like on your server.
    • This will require quite a bit of time and it isn't my focus right now
    • breaking WTF code-branch off default code classes
      • such as extending KFAmmo versus FlameAmmo etc...
      • for compatibility with other mods, I will do this eventually. A LOT of reworking required, not my focus right now

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I've gone through, sub-divided, renamed and reformatted all textures.
For example, there where 2 .utx files before. Now there is a WTF_Flare.utx for the Flaregun and the Flaregun only.
This file will include the 1st and 3rd person skins.
Same for all other equipment. Same for all zed textures.
This was done to make things easier for trouble shooting and some other reasons.

And btw,
Thanks for the info on changes and requests we feed on that info. KEEP IT COMING!!!

When will this be uploaded?

Upvote 0
No ETA atm but believe me we are working on it constantly. We have most of the coding reworked but there is still some ways to go before we have something solid. The textures on the other hand, we still don't even have them implemented into the new build yet. :(

But we are trucking along and hope to have something to all of you soon.:)

Upvote 0
No ETA atm but believe me we are working on it constantly. We have most of the coding reworked but there is still some ways to go before we have something solid. The textures on the other hand, we still don't even have them implemented into the new build yet. :(

But we are trucking along and hope to have something to all of you soon.:)

I'm curious to see how your loading your Zeds, i love the way they previously loaded being % based and not set sandbox squads, made for alot more variance in the game since some games will have more bloatzillas, others less etc.

Upvote 0
I'd say expect something within 60 days.

It's pretty much down to "what else would be cool?" followed by getting our custom textures back in-game, then making sure the ZEDS mutator works.

some things...

Shotguns pellets/slugs are faster- like bullets should be.

Sharpshooter gets perfect accuracy with pistols and gets better "zoom" while aiming with pistols. I intend to add zoom to all non-scoped Sharp weaps, and maybe amp up the zoom for scoped weapons a bit as well where it makes sense. A balance has to be found between taking long shots and knowing that most KF maps play out in relatively tight quarters.

Xbow/M99 ammo not so expensive, regardless of perk. M99 weights 1 less block, so you can carry a small pistol.

Commando will emerge a little different than before... I'm really looking to give them a little more varied play options than "guy who uses assault rifles".

Support gets buckshot with M79CF and UM32 grenade launchers...

In Progress: Medic will have found new uses for weapons (flamethrower, grenade launchers, crossbow, maybe melee weapons)

In Progress: play differences between melee weapons. Chainsaw is Tier 3, because it's a chainsaw! I especially want the T2 - T3 melee weapons to serve different play styles, rather than simply being "X is just a more powerful Y".

more stuff, but I'm out of time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Not meaning to bump...

Not meaning to bump...

Also BEEEEEES and I are looking for someone to help with models and animations again. Please msg one of us if your interested in helping.

What we are trying to make atm:

A jar filled with an angry swarm of bees.

A can of angry peas.

A replacement model for flaregun and glowsticks.

Oh one more thing, a riot shield.

I'm trying to get these done but last thing I modeled was 8 years ago.
Any hints, tips or some original work will be appreciated.
Best we can do for compensation is to give the makers credit.
Thanks for your time.

Upvote 0
No, from the last release, IIRC, welder needs to be patched, possibly some melee weapons. Zeds maybe also have an issue spawning, but i think thats ok atm.

Put up a linux dedi, went in and played. All was fine until I pulled out the welder, then the server and my game crashed.

Can I install this with Marco's server perks 6.1? If so, will I be able to use SP6.1 to remove the modded welder? What else should I remove to avoid crashes?

Upvote 0
I hope this mod isn't dead

I hope this mod isn't dead

Bugs I see here :

• - First the welder crashes the game
  • -Second some weapons cause crashes; some weapons don't work., Example, the ZEDtime on a katana and the lunge on the fire ax.
  • - Thirdly, is there a way to implement MORE weapons to this ?? Maybe a way to disable the perk poker and have it sync with your regular perks ?? And maybe just copy and paste models with some of the weps.
  • And lastly, just don't die on this mod. I'm SERIOUSLY loving this mod and I love cheese it to this mod if it wasn't for the fact that is was very buggy.. Still though you turn me on ;) keep this ALIVE PLS

ALIVE PLS

Upvote 0