• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map KF-Street Light

TY I have had a few PMs about the map and I TY for the kind words.

The map has had several revisions:

Some meshes have been removed.

More and smaller Precomputed Vis Volumes have been added.

The map is now using a Skylight where before it had a Dominate Directional Light.

Shorter Max Draw Distances.

Most player PCs will find this easy to play. By this I mean that even modest PCs will get high FPS.

As always the OP has the latest link, here also :

OBE

TY Swift_Brutal_Death.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The grass texture doesn't work which I think ruins the environment a bit. Otherwise, this is a very creepy map. I think it would be great if like the other poster said, you could add things to make the darkness pop and layer onto the creepiness. Maybe creepy noises .. winds, whispering, groaning. something like that :D

Upvote 0
The grass texture doesn't work which I think ruins the environment a bit. :D

Are you saying that you are not able to see the grass? Or are you saying that you don't like the grass?

As to the sounds. The thing I was going for here was to give the players the sound cues of the zeds to help them determine where the zeds were coming from and to raise the scary factor of the quiet and then the threat of the zeds stirring in the woods.

Upvote 0
Are you saying that you are not able to see the grass? Or are you saying that you don't like the grass?

As to the sounds. The thing I was going for here was to give the players the sound cues of the zeds to help them determine where the zeds were coming from and to raise the scary factor of the quiet and then the threat of the zeds stirring in the woods.

We can only see a checkered pattern instead of the grass. I attach some screen shots.

I understand what you are going for with the sounds. Would you consider adding something in between waves perhaps? If it makes sense, imo it seems a bit too quiet and empty during the trader visits like maybe something is missing that could add a bit of spice. When I've tested the map on my server most players complain that the map loses its novelty after the first couple of waves and they ask me to switch to something else or they leave. I dunno just some ideas I threw together with some of them.

Attachments

• 2016-01-16_00003.jpg
    2016-01-16_00003.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 0
  • 2016-01-16_00004.jpg
    2016-01-16_00004.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Yeah that purple checkered grass bug has been bothering the hell out of me for months, it's broken so many custom maps. One of the updates caused this, but I don't remember which. I hope TWI will fix this, because not all mappers can fix it themselves.

Funny thing actually, I literally had a dream about this a few weeks ago. I dreamed that I was inside KF2, walking around a big custom map with so many great environments. But then, I look up to this big waterfall/cliff, and there was a giant purple checkerboard all over the cliff. I flailed my arms while yelling "TEXTUURREE BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGG!!!" and then I woke up.

Upvote 0
Yeah that purple checkered grass bug has been bothering the hell out of me for months, it's broken so many custom maps. One of the updates caused this, but I don't remember which. I hope TWI will fix this, because not all mappers can fix it themselves.

Funny thing actually, I literally had a dream about this a few weeks ago. I dreamed that I was inside KF2, walking around a big custom map with so many great environments. But then, I look up to this big waterfall/cliff, and there was a giant purple checkerboard all over the cliff. I flailed my arms while yelling "TEXTUURREE BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGG!!!" and then I woke up.

Lol it's ruined many of my favorite maps as well. Really takes away the beauty. Some mappers have found ways around it so I figure it was worth letting SM know .

Upvote 0