• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Map KF-SantaWorkshop

Pt.Jones

Grizzled Veteran
May 14, 2015
Italy
steamcommunity.com
KF-SantaWorkshop

image.png

Short Description:

A Christmas inspired themed map based in Santa's Workshop.

Story:

After surviving Santa's evil lair, our survivors find themselves once again stranded at the North Pole. Finally, after days of driving, they manage to find shelter hidden within an unusual forest area. Little did they know this would soon turn to be the beginning of their worst nightmare…

Features:

• 5 randomized happy holiday custom music tracks!

• Custom animations!

• Custom textures!

• Custom Objects!

• Collectables!

• Two different areas to defend each with its own unique look!

Version: 4

Map Size: Medium

Recommended Difficulty: Normal or Hard

Download Link:

Killing Floor 2 Steam Workshop

GameBanana

Contributions:

Beppe88 for feedback & bug testing!

Zapslat for additional SFX

Entire KF2 Community for feedback and suggestions!

Last edited:
Hello everyone!

Version 2 is live featuring more content for the underground biotic lab and general gameplay improvements. One of the biggest changes is that more Christmas decorations has been added in the biotic lab section of the map, giving a more overall Christmas look & feel throughout the entire map.

Please not that due to the new amount of objects added in the biotic lab area, the map size has slightly increased. That is all and I have you all enjoy it as much I did on creating it!

Upvote 0
Hello everyone!

Version 3 is live featuring better compatibility between the steam workshop and non-workshop versions. A large amount of changes have been made to the map changing the usual gameplay experience. The two doors that lead to the biotic lab have been closed off, now it is up to the player to search for a hidden switch somewhere inside the workshop.

Switch Location: Switch is located near the pool table, simply look at the monitor and press the E button to activate it.

That is all and once again I hope you all enjoy it as much I did on creating it!

Upvote 0
Hello everyone!

Version 3 is live featuring better compatibility between the steam workshop and non-workshop versions. A large amount of changes have been made to the map changing the usual gameplay experience. The two doors that lead to the biotic lab have been closed off, now it is up to the player to search for a hidden switch somewhere inside the workshop.

Switch Location: Switch is located near the pool table, simply look at the monitor and press the E button to activate it.

That is all and once again I hope you all enjoy it as much I did on creating it!

I finally played, what I can only assume is the previous beta as these doors did not require opening. That version was really quite fun to play.

My team was just myself (medic) and a commando. Once I realized there was a whole underground section I really enjoyed it. I'm not sure I would have made the change to needing to open the underground...

I guess I'll have to check it out, again. :)

Btw - I know I can change the music volume in my menu but by default that is just WAY too loud lol. I hope this version has addressed that.

Upvote 0
I finally played, what I can only assume is the previous beta as these doors did not require opening. That version was really quite fun to play.

My team was just myself (medic) and a commando. Once I realized there was a whole underground section I really enjoyed it. I'm not sure I would have made the change to needing to open the underground...

I guess I'll have to check it out, again. :)

Btw - I know I can change the music volume in my menu but by default that is just WAY too loud lol. I hope this version has addressed that.

Oh hey infntnub that's awesome to hear you enjoy the map! :D

Well the reason on why I decided to close the the two areas leading towards the biotic lab section, is that from all of the feedback I received from the previous version, some people felt that the two areas (workshop and bioticlabs) are somehow disconnected.

Therefore I decided to add a switch function which also acts as a reward for exploration where the player can finally discovered the true purpose of santa's workshop.

In fact my original idea for the map was first to give the illusion to the player that they are entering a happy santa workshop, however as the player explores more of the area, they find out that this isn't any ordinary workshop. ;)

Regarding the custom sound issue, this has been addressed in this version, it has been greatly reduced.

Upvote 0