• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF Mapping

fishmissile

Grizzled Veteran
May 5, 2010
Since the map editor for KF1 was just UnrealEd with the needs of KF built into it, will it be the same for KF2? Would it be at all beneficial to at least start learning how to use the Unreal Engine 3 UDK? I've never used it before.
And if I do start creating a map now, would I be able to open the map with KF SDK later?

I'm ready to start making maps :D

Since the map editor for KF1 was just UnrealEd with the needs of KF built into it, will it be the same for KF2? Would it be at all beneficial to at least start learning how to use the Unreal Engine 3 UDK? I've never used it before.
And if I do start creating a map now, would I be able to open the map with KF SDK later?

I'm ready to start making maps :D

Using the UDK editor would be beneficial. Using the RO2 editor would be beneficial as well. You might even be able to import your map from UDK or RO2, although you may need to strip out some actors. RO2 content packages open in the KF2 editor. I know because we added that functionality so we could bring RO2 content over for early prototyping.

Upvote 0
Excellent. I think I will be more likely to make more than 1 map now. I had a lot of issues with UnrealEd 2.5. Mostly because of an interface glitch that I was unable to fix. I've already got the UDK editor installed, learning to use it shouldn't be too bad, it looks similar to 2.5 already.

Upvote 0