• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map KF-Lila_Panic_Remake

DpaKc_[Error]

Feb 14, 2012
St. Petersburg
Name: KF-Lila_Panic_Remake

Size: 280-300mb + music ogg

Installation: Extract the archive to the root of Killing Floor.

History: The original name of the map "zm_lila_panic" card first appeared in the 2006-2008 year to Zombie Mod'a CS 1.6. Map of binding to Killing_Floor'e "KF-Lila_Panic_v3 (F5)"

Number of players: From 1-32 (preferably 1-6)

The history of the maps (Remake)
From the diary of Leytinanta Masterson: After the zombie in the forest were cut off, we came across a broken APC. Somehow we managed to start it and we set off. Two hours later, we were close to the laboratory

Last edited:
It looks like it was fun!
But, you should add some supports or pillars to the "balconies" of the building. Look at the 4th screenshot (30%, with lighting), the foreground looks amazing, good modelled. But then you see that awkyard building in the background. Add some supports there, to make it more realistic (from the structural aspect); this would also add some more detail to the building. Some railings wouldn't hurt either.

Crack up the street a little bit, so it does not look all the same everywhere, maybe some plants that grow out of the cracks.

All in all, a solid work that has much potetial. :)

Upvote 0
It looks like it was fun!
But, you should add some supports or pillars to the "balconies" of the building. Look at the 4th screenshot (30%, with lighting), the foreground looks amazing, good modelled. But then you see that awkyard building in the background. Add some supports there, to make it more realistic (from the structural aspect); this would also add some more detail to the building. Some railings wouldn't hurt either.

Crack up the street a little bit, so it does not look all the same everywhere, maybe some plants that grow out of the cracks.

All in all, a solid work that has much potetial. :)
I pretty much agree with this. First of all I was not impressed (before 30% pictures) as it looked really basic, easily played and just one map people will play just to level up fast as it's simply easy. Now you've done all this extra work, I can see the potential going from simple, to moderately difficult because of the way you have closed the vision of the players.

I will keep an eye on this one ;)

Upvote 0
THE POST AT LAST IS UPDATED.
All hello.
Well here and I with the video report, I present you a little modifed map in this video to be exact.

The updated lighting, separate thanks of K2 for the help.
The updated models
The updated textures
Final skybox version
The added system of destruction, meanwhile at a development stage.
2 new locations on the map (the Parking, the Forest) are added
The office is finished, models and meanwhile test lighting are added.
All map is optimized

The video report is added

Screenshots of 65% are added
And many other things

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The post is updated.
Excuse for so long silence into the account of the map as time is practically not enough I try as I can.
And yes because of restriction youtube 15 minutes I had to include game acceleration.

Here to you Changelog 12.08.2014:

It is added:

The laboratory "at a development stage" is added
Preparation for the thrown metro station is added
ZoneInfo with the included support of EAX are added
Support of EAX on all map is added
Are added Antiportal for decrease in load of all PC
Are added Zoneportal for decrease in load of all PC
The garage about a main entrance of Horzine is added
A little more custom content is added
Music during shop (during fight it is planned still) is added
5 shops on the map are added
The bridge with the train passing by is added

Corrections:

The sound on some places is corrected
Lighting in skybox'a is corrected (Lighting was outside skybox'a)
Lighting on all map is corrected
Zoneinfo on all map is corrected

Completions:

The main entrance is finished (partially)
The ladder is finished (completely)
The wood is finished
Sounds in the wood are finished
The parking is finished
The protection room is finished

P.S
That will be in a trace. updating:

Completely modifed main entrance.
The laboratory is finished
The thrown metro station is finished
Fixes are added
Fixes of models are added (Culldistance - a fix of a distance of models)
Fixes of sounds on radius are finished
Passes of mob (Pathnode) are finished

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Watching the 2nd preview video for this map, I noticed a lot of stuff is pulled directly from core maps. The most obvious being pretty much the entire section at 6:15 onward being entirely pulled from the upper section of Transit with no modifications to it - even the trader is still where it was. I see cuts from KF-Office, KFO-Transit (the narrow staircases).

Which leads me to the next point: Why is this map so large? I don't know what Lila Panic refers to but is there some kind of reason for size? If it doesn't have to be, then why not cut out the stuff you pulled from the core maps and focus on unique content? That's not to say the entire map is copied from elsewhere... but cutting out the copied stuff would reduce the size significantly.

Also, you should make fog that works with your skybox. The fog colour makes all culling/unculling statics really obvious.

I like the detail in the parts you made yourself - overall an really nice map.

Upvote 0