• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map KF-Lila_Panic_Remake

Watching the 2nd preview video for this map, I noticed a lot of stuff is pulled directly from core maps. The most obvious being pretty much the entire section at 6:15 onward being entirely pulled from the upper section of Transit with no modifications to it - even the trader is still where it was. I see cuts from KF-Office, KFO-Transit (the narrow staircases).

Which leads me to the next point: Why is this map so large? I don't know what Lila Panic refers to but is there some kind of reason for size? If it doesn't have to be, then why not cut out the stuff you pulled from the core maps and focus on unique content? That's not to say the entire map is copied from elsewhere... but cutting out the copied stuff would reduce the size significantly.

Also, you should make fog that works with your skybox. The fog colour makes all culling/unculling statics really obvious.

I like the detail in the parts you made yourself - overall an really nice map.
The fact that I "cut" some geometry map is I do not deny I did it as a preliminary sketch in the future it will be processed

Upvote 0