• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map KF-LightHouse Beta

KF-LightHouse Beta

• Total voters

LATTEH

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 13, 2010
MAP NAME
The Lighthouse

Description of map: It is a medium to small level. It has many different Hold out postions and a ton of detail.
I didnt include the Source files for my assets. I Didnt want you to have a Huge Download Each time i update it or have to upload a giant file each time i do.

Story:

After Several days of traveling across open water this is the first land you see. You and your group thought there might be a safe haven in the America’s to make refuge and get supply’s, but after making to the dock you know you made a mistake coming here. Fight to survive because you may not be able to leave!

Current Beta number
Version number Bv3 is the current

Playable: Yes
Pictures:
(you can view all the screenshots here)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/LATTEH/screenshots/?tab=&showdate=1&filter=app_1260

The lighthouse

inside the lighthouse

Dock

coming up after the stairs

inside museum

Inside the diner

another angle

downstair or the house

Master Bed room

What Needs To Be Tested:

Simply anything and every thing. see if you can find exploits, BSP errors, lighting errors, or just tell me what you dont like about the look!

Download Size: 37MB

Download link: http://www.gamefront.com/files/20237047/Latteh%27s+Lighthouse.zip

The final Version will be uploaded to GameBanana!

Updates/ Fixes:
==========================
Bv2 4/16/2011:

-Fixed the glitch by the dock (thank you demon)

-Fixed the BSP error in the lighthouse and made the Fog in the diner have a long draw distance (thank you sgt hermann)

-Increased Performance on the dock by 10%-20% (added culls to the rocks and the objects in and outside the lighthouse)

-Lowered the collision brush at the Pavillion (So you can jump over it)
-------------------------------------------------------------
Bv3 4/18/2011

-added a kill brush ontop of the trader at the dock

-fixed the light by the stairs

-added a collision brush by the dumpster

-fixed the pathnodes in the lighthouse and fixed the door in the back of the house (Thank you so much FSUBoo)

-increased performance (added culls to more objects)
==========================

Last edited:
At first impressions this map looks amazing, but i encountered a glitch that needs fixing as soon as you can. Picture is below to show it:

Spoiler!

Where the sand is in the middle, it has no clipping and you can go through into the water volume, but if you keep going down you end up getting out of it and reaching the bottom of the map.

Reactions: LATTEH
Upvote 0
At first impressions this map looks amazing, but i encountered a glitch that needs fixing as soon as you can. Picture is below to show it:

Spoiler!

Where the sand is in the middle, it has no clipping and you can go through into the water volume, but if you keep going down you end up getting out of it and reaching the bottom of the map.

Thank you demon! I will do this right away!

EDIT

I fixed what demon said was wrong and edited the terrain and volume near there but ill wait for tomorrow to upload it. to see if anyone finds anything else

Last edited:
Upvote 0
hi latte

fantastic look, gameplay is hard to say cause i played it solo so far. could be crowded with more players.

gameplay:
-Pavillion
maybe u should rethink the walls around the pavillion.
a. it should be possible to jump over them
b. u show with a obstacle that it is a deadend.
(i prefer a. :))

-Lighthouse
the trader in there tends to be anoying. running upstairs in circles makes me dizzy. no place to manuvre, with more players i see issues. maybe u skip the whole inside (i guess it was a lot of work to create it:() and simply put the trader on groundfloor)

here are two optical issues:

Lighthouse right before the trader:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Dinner looking to Museum:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

other than that great work. keep up the good work.;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thank you for the feedback SGtHermann

When i was play testing it i found that most of the time players would always go thro the gazebo area and not take another path after going up the steps. it also makes the player make a choice of going thro the building. but i under stand, it looks like you can jump over it.

EDIT:
I think i may Lower the collision brush so you can jump over it... i never tested it that way.

Ya i Spent a lot of time on the inside of the lighthouse, i wanted there to be a Trader in the lighthouse but i think i may have made it to tall. I was thinking of puting it on the ground floor but Then the player wouldn't have much of a reason to run up the lighthouse and visually I cant think of any where to put it with out closing off the rest of the lighthouse (well on the bottom of the lighthouse)

EDIT:
Hmm i can lower the lighthouse one floor which would make it more easier to get to the top. If every one wants it Lower (Which will make it easier to get to the trader) please reply because i want every one opion before i Do a big edit like that.

Ill fix those right away.

EDIT:

the top one was caused by a BSP error

the second image for somereason is caused by the Fog ending inside the zone... weird (the zone inside the diner)

EDIT:

Im wonder is performance bad? (on the dock?) I know something that can give some performance but it wont look as good as it did

Distance fog set to 2000

Distance fog set to 4300 (what is set to now)

Sorry for all the edits :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sorry for all the edits :p
thats the propose of edits:D

lighthouse:

trader on topfloor (satus quo)

i have to admit its good: keep it like it is:eek:. u have to plan ur shopping and move toward the trader before wave ends. its good for gameplay. at least in my world:)

docks:

this area is critical fps wise BUT since its a deathtrap teams will avoid fighting there. well to be sure make fog dist 2000.

looking forward to ur decisions

Upvote 0
I updated the map to Bv2

I think it's a great map, looks really good, but I found a couple of really bad exploits. You can get on top of trader that is on the docks by going off cliff above it. Only took like 55 damage as a level 6 zerker. Once there you can get on top of the light fixture that's right there on the corner of the trader building.
shot00036k.png

By fsuboo at 2011-04-16

Also was able to get behind this dumpster.
shot00031tg.png

By fsuboo at 2011-04-16
By running and jumping between over the boxes.
shot00032w.png

By fsuboo at 2011-04-16

You can get to this spot by jumping off the cliff near the Lighthouse Diner if done right.
shot00017ap.png

By fsuboo at 2011-04-16

If you go to just about the top of the lighthouse and go to this spot on the stairs to the trader, Clots and stuff get confused and just stay there.
shot00021g.png

By fsuboo at 2011-04-16

Also if a husk is coming up the spiral staircase to you, it can't shoot over the rails to hit you, it has to wait till there is nothing at all there blocking it, but you can still shoot it over the rails.

Also, this last one isn't an exploit, but in the back of the house with the bathroom with 2 doors, the one door you can't open (the player) but a specimen can, and also the other door goes through the shelving behind it.

shot00023eh.png

By fsuboo at 2011-04-16

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Played the map a bit; I really enjoyed the tight spaces that forces players to really keep moving rather than to camp. :)

The lighting is also great, the fog plus the fires and the dark really sets the mood.

Will recommend it to be placed on our clan's modded servers; and possibly help find some game-play bugs and exploits. :)

You made my day sir.

Whats the particle count on those emitters?

nice map btw :D i like the 4300 fog

Its pretty low i moved it out of the way so it wouldnt be rendered and it didnt really improve much D:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
hi latte

i played the b2. cool improvements. jumping over the wall surounding the pavillion "feels" very good.

looking @ museum from diner causes a liiiittle lightgreen flicker but its ok. if the s...t hits the fan noone looks at this detail.

one thing i like to mention: block the sea. imo it shouldnt be accsessible. from nowhere.

btw: thumbs up for the exploitfinders. i never find anything:p

keep it up

Upvote 0
hi latte

i played the b2. cool improvements. jumping over the wall surounding the pavillion "feels" very good.

looking @ museum from diner causes a liiiittle lightgreen flicker but its ok. if the s...t hits the fan noone looks at this detail.

one thing i like to mention: block the sea. imo it shouldnt be accsessible. from nowhere.

btw: thumbs up for the exploitfinders. i never find anything:p

keep it up

I don't know a ton of exploitable things, I just know a few things that can be exploited so I usually always check those.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
updated to Bv3

-------------------------------------------------------------
Bv3 4/18/2011

-added a kill brush ontop of the trader at the dock

-fixed the light by the stairs

-added a collision brush by the dumpster

-fixed the pathnodes in the lighthouse and fixed the door in the back of the house (Thank you so much FSUBoo)

-increased performance (added culls to more objects)

I have a question when im finished. im gonna include my models and textures do you all want me to just make the models .OBJ files or .ASE or both? (i think i may just do that)

Upvote 0