• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Map KF-Italy

Le_Tasty

May 20, 2015
Denmark
KF-Italy

A0VyrQwh.jpg

This is a remake of the classic CS_Italy from Counter Strike. A few changes has been made to fit the horde-mode gameplay but the basic layout is the same. There's a few places that looks like good positions to hole up, but don't get too comfy; the zeds can come from where you least expect it!

That's it! Happy zed huntin'

Last edited:
It should be bug-free but please if you encounter any, do tell me so i can fix 'em as fast as possible. Thanks.

Why do you even post here on first public release, should be in beta section. Final Map Release, should be only if you wish to stop working on it and move on.

btw show us more screenshots, i might download it later just too busy to test other maps atm

Upvote 0
Didn't play it yet but, are you planning on making more CS maps? If you are, I would love to see CS_Assault as it is one of my favourite maps.

Really? Assault is also one of my favs :) I might make another cs map someday, but I don't know how well Assault will fit into KillingFloor, considering zeds can't climb ladders and how the map layout is.

Why do you even post here on first public release, should be in beta section. Final Map Release, should be only if you wish to stop working on it and move on.

Well i do wish to stop working on the map and move on. Just saying that if you find bugs, you can tell me and I'll be willing to fix them. Although I'm sure everyone will tell me anyway so i guess there's no need to say that :rolleyes:
I'll just delete it

Upvote 0
There really is no reason a map should even be considered final before the game if out of early access.

There hasn't been a single map that went straight to final that works 100%. Why do people keep doing it? Pretty annoying as a server admin.

If you're going straight to final you're basically ensuring server admins are not even gonna bother.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Why is it more annoying as a server admin, that it's classified as final and not as beta? Just asking as i have no idea why.

Also there will never be a final definition of a "final" map. Gamebananas' definition of a final/stable map is "Should be problem-free and unlikely to change." Should and unlikely. You can never be certain that there will be no more bugs, and i would say this map is a hell of a lot closer to final than beta. Well unless somebody can prove me wrong, apart from hunting shotgun exploits that even the official maps had. I doubt I will have to change much if anything when KillingFloor2 goes out of early access.

Upvote 0
This is my favourite CS map... well this and office (that would make a pretty awesome killing floor map btw)

All I saw in my time was a bloat got stuck behind this door:2015-08-15_00001.jpg

Everything else played really well until my framerate went through the floor when the boss started shooting smoke everywhere. Not sure if it's map optimizing or settings. The official maps are fine but some of the user created ones I have downloaded we have big drops with smoke or medic grenades on screen. I turned a few settings down but it seems to not make a difference so I am thinking map related problem.

Thankyou for the great map

Upvote 0
Why is it more annoying as a server admin, that it's classified as final and not as beta? Just asking as i have no idea why.

Also there will never be a final definition of a "final" map. Gamebananas' definition of a final/stable map is "Should be problem-free and unlikely to change." Should and unlikely. You can never be certain that there will be no more bugs, and i would say this map is a hell of a lot closer to final than beta. Well unless somebody can prove me wrong, apart from hunting shotgun exploits that even the official maps had. I doubt I will have to change much if anything when KillingFloor2 goes out of early access.

Because you try to balance out functional and experimental maps.

Upvote 0
Map Crashing KF2

Map Crashing KF2

Hi, I just want to say that I love this map. The amount of detail and accuracy to it's CS counterpart is very high, good job! However this map make my client crash, I can seem to duplicate it on demand, but it definitely make it crash sometimes. I don't know if this helps but it's usually right when I cause damage to a zed. This is the only map I've played that does this. I like this map and would love to keep it on my server if this gets addressed. Thank you!!

Upvote 0
However this map make my client crash, I can seem to duplicate it on demand, but it definitely make it crash sometimes. I don't know if this helps but it's usually right when I cause damage to a zed.

I had a similar problem (I was crashing anytime I got a head hit on a zed) on this map and a few others. It turns out it was related to Flex. I disabled Flex and they all started working fine.

Hopefully that will work for you as well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0