• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Map KF-EyesWideShut

Vampcinda

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 1, 2015
Helloes! I've concluded my second KF2 map which this time is an arena-style defense map, inspired by classics such as Defence Thyself, Horzine Arena and others.

Youtube trailer for video justice!
iy5MMGM.jpg

• Version: Final v1 (October 31, 2015)
  • Playstyle: Arena / Defense
  • Map size: Small
  • File size: ~15 MB
  • Fidelity: Destructible items and light tubes that light up when shot

It has a large main chamber with flourescent light tubes that light up when shot, and a host of other fun little custom destructibles. It's a pretty fast and intense map with large areas for moving around on. There are a couple of elevated platforms for setting up defensible perimeters, but once there the only escape routes are drop-off points that causes some fall damage, so beware!

kGhXjgO.jpg
fsUfJlK.jpg

4SeQEt0.jpg
Zq2OS8j.jpg

The zeds only spawn from 4 large connecting hallways. Four smaller side-areas hold the trader pods and decorative junk for blowing up.

More screenshots here:
http://imgur.com/a/YzJqN

Personal notes:
I have to admit I am not really happy with how this map turned out. I had kind of envisioned it differently, but by the time I started feeling that way, I was already so far into production that it would be too much work to re-do it all. So I've decided to just wrap it up and release it as it is, even though I had originally planned on putting in more stuff.

I hope it's still enjoyable to people playing it, but I am personally just kind of disappointed with many aspects of it and don't feel like spending more energy on it :(

Last edited:
I tried out this map. It's looking great. First opinion "Man this is dark", then later on I figured out that you can open the lights. Very nice tough. Only thing I would like to see changed is that invisible wall at the launch tube. I thought I could escape there, but instead was pushed against that wall with no way of escaping except throwing everything that exploded on the floor and hoping the 2 FP's would die from it before I did (and they did).

Upvote 0
I tried out this map. It's looking great. First opinion "Man this is dark", then later on I figured out that you can open the lights. Very nice tough. Only thing I would like to see changed is that invisible wall at the launch tube. I thought I could escape there, but instead was pushed against that wall with no way of escaping except throwing everything that exploded on the floor and hoping the 2 FP's would die from it before I did (and they did).
Thanks! :D

I'm not sure which wall you mean. Is it the invisible ones blocking off the spawn tunnels where the zeds come from?

nice job!, I might steal those emitters :p

Thank you, feel free to use anything you want :)

Upvote 0
I will see if I can find something to block off those side passages with for v2, thanks for the feedback =)

I have also fixed the invisible wall in the corner

Nice and simple, I like shooting out the lights as well. here, made a playthrough and review video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xdOravc7GY

Lovely video review, what an honor thank you very much, I'm glad you liked it! Your reviews are very nice and you narrate very well :D

I totally agree on the issues you mention, the map is not nearly as detailed as I had originally planned, but I had so many problems with technical issues it just made me lose motivation to continue working on it, that's why it's a bit half arsed.

It was a shame you did not shoot the knight armors a bit more (they explode in a gory burst with guts flying everywhere!) and the smaller barrels, which also explode. Sadly none of them deal any damage because I can't figure out how to make them do that

P.s. awesome scalpel kill :D

Upvote 0