• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map KF-DismalScenery

Love what you did, hope to play your map once its done.

I think my assessment was ok and I can release the first playable Verion of the map till the end of that week.
Right now I'm facing a moderate problem :):
Look #18 first screenshot. The players will spawn on the elevator and may not be able to walk backward (up the elevator). I don't want to simply add a blocking volumne and a static mesh looks to illogical since the players went that way one moment ago.
I think i'll add some kind of mover that will block the way some seconds after the players spawned.

Yeah so far for the current state ;)

Upvote 0
I love SH, so Ill play it. As long as its greylisted, then Im all game for beta testing.

Oh a heavy burden falls from my shoulders :).

I think I know how to increase my productivity... I have to work fast :cool:.
Ok I'm going to work. Befor the release I have to fix some smaller pathing and spawing bugs and I have to renew the lightning.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's saturday and I release my map.
The map is in a very early stage and if there was a pre-alpha section, I think that would be the better place.
There are nearly no static meshes of other details.

Here is a lis of bugs I know so far:
- the pathing is a little buggy so that the zombies "get lost" sometimes (hm this is often a problem in my maps :confused:)
- granades fall through the bridge
- some brushes have a strange glimmer (especially the wires of the lights)
If you find any other bugs please inform me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ah ok.
With "add your fog" you mean physic volumes :confused:
(I never worked with fog before because I usually prefere a clean look)
Actor > Info > ZoneInfo. Place one of those in that specific area after sorting the portal sheets out on every whole for that room (so fog don't get out). Edit the ZoneInfo:

Reactions: Woodchuck
Upvote 0
I'm not sure if this has been posted, but if you right click on a surface and go to it's properties, you should find a tab and eventually a selection menu for the lightmap or shadowmap quality, by default it's set to 32, but if you set it to a low number such as 1-8 you will get some very good crisp shadows.

Damn your right :cool:
The shadows look so much better now - some kind of... darker.

Hm Flux is already the hero of the day but you can never have enough heroes :D

Upvote 0