• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map KF-DD-TowerSiege

domingothegamer

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
Ered Luin
nG8i7hx.png

Lore:
The Squire. The Monk. The Huntress. The Apprentice.

They were sure that peace had finally returned to Etheria, but the four young heroes faced another disruption. The Old Ones summoned the Zeds, who leaked across the country, infecting the land and wreaking havoc and devastation among the peoples.

Thankfully, in the realm of Horzine, Survivors -- equipped with weaponry never seen before -- descended into the underground portal of Han's Descent, and are here to help our young heroes from the Old One's disaster!

Info:
Hello everyone! This is my first map release for Killing Floor 2. I decided that since I love Killing Floor and Dungeon Defenders, I thought, it could be brought here as well. I plan to port most of the Dungeon Defenders maps 100%, but with some visual upgrades, shader remasters and personal twists to create a better atmosphere for the map. But yeah, it'll be a long project. I'll be working on these maps at my own pace because I want them to be awesome when released. So this map DD-TowerSiege is a Forestry marsh type map. The original map name is DD-TowerWars, a pvp-tower based map where blue/red team fight each other with waves of their own till they destroy the crystal. I did this map first as, essentially a test really to see if I can achieve porting. After some difficulties and work arounds with some help along the way, I finally got this working for the most part. I hope you guys enjoy the map! The next map I plan to get out is the DD-TavernSiege. Take a peek in the forums to see my progress on that. Looking forward to it! :)
rjhA0CE.png

7jfZYjg.png

Spoiler!
D1dSIsg.png

Spoiler!
dksl3Rm.png

Spoiler!
gs36eUQ.png

Mc7FdZB.png

C4AsuHR.png

3GE9LGR.png

mvWRLwy.png

Custom Music Files:
In order to hear the music properly, you will need the custom WWise files I generated for the map.
Only CLIENTS, servers are not required to do this! All audio is streamed locally.
You can grab them here or here [Mediafire & MEGA].
Go to your Killing Floor 2 directory, then go to KFGame\BrewdPC\WwiseAudio\Windows and drop ALL the files in there.

Example Dir: E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\killingfloo r2\KFGame\BrewedPC\WwiseAudio\Windows
Once you extracted them into the Windows folder in WwiseAudio, you're set! Boot the game and hear that Dungeon Defenders music/audio!

(I might do a tutorial on how to do custom Audio in maps in the future. It would seem to be a thing that most people would like to have custom music in their map.)

-Custom Audio FAQs/Known Bugs-
  • KF2 ingame music starts playing after unpausing the game in singleplayer!
--Answer: Press your 'Flash Light' button to clear the ingame music. (I had to do this due to no access to TWI's Wwise Back end).
  • My custom audio overlaps trader wave and or combat wave on a rare occasion
--Answer: This is a known bug I've noticed that happens very rarely, it's due to the Unreal Kismet not executing that certain WWise event causing it to just be at a "broken" state. Currently looking for alternatives to fix this.

Known Problems:
Spoiler!

Credits and Shoutouts:
Spoiler!

Last edited: