• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Map KF-ContainmentStation + Mission Mode

Fel

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 9, 2009
In Mission Mode
This map I made for the Killing Floor 2 Game Bananna Contest. This map takes place in a space station above Earth, where they store the Zeds. This is a complete remake of my Killing Floor 1 version. This map also comes with mission mode. Make sure to check it out as well. Hope you enjoy!

The mission mode - So a few disclaimers on the mission mode, Im not able to trigger trader wave, so this means that there is only 1 life. Also the Music is hard coded into the game, i cant turn it off, so you have to turn down the music volume when playing mission mode. Everything else i made in kismet, but would prefer it to be code. :)

This map uses custom spawns that get harder the more players there are in the map. I had to do it this way because without code, i cant have spawn volumes that toggle on and off. That would have been sooooo much easier.

Map Specs

Size: 3 long traders
Modes: Survival and Mission
Recommended Players for Mission: 2-6

This map is going under a major overhaul for the contest. We need testers to help with the final stages of the mission map, anyone interested add me on steam (please have profile public or notify me here). Fel350

DOWNLOAD LINK DOWN ( MAP UNDERGOING MAJOR OVERHAUL )

Attachments

• 2015-08-24_00011.jpg
    2015-08-24_00011.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 2015-08-24_00015.jpg
    2015-08-24_00015.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 2
  • 2015-08-24_00014.jpg
    2015-08-24_00014.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 2015-08-24_00017.jpg
    2015-08-24_00017.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 2015-08-24_00016.jpg
    2015-08-24_00016.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
So I was thinking, would you like custom mission markers and UI?
It's a little something I've been working with on my map, and I was thinking your map might benefit from it.

Nothing intrusive, just as a replacement for the default text stuff.

Would need a draw img function, only draw text is working =(

NOTE: I updated the mission map to work with the new version of kf2

Upvote 0
Would need a draw img function, only draw text is working =(

Spoiler!

;)

Upvote 0
I just played the mission version, only issue I had was just the text saying that Zeds couldn't spawn at a location, but that's no major issue (useful as a breather due to no shops).

For the first Mission mode type I've seen, not bad at all, could use some tweaks (shops, maybe the spawn warning if all possible), but look forward to trying to beat it on all difficulties.

Upvote 0
Yea i cant toggle trader wave without code, or how i used to in kf1. So yea lol. And i updated the map when the update came out so everything should work now.

Everything works fine, save for the shop. Even when it's open I can't buy anything. Other than that this is a really cool mission mode. I love the Scrake encounter early on, gives him that mini-boss feel.

Upvote 0
Everything works fine, save for the shop. Even when it's open I can't buy anything. Other than that this is a really cool mission mode. I love the Scrake encounter early on, gives him that mini-boss feel.

Yea thanks :D I cant trigger or have any trader shops active, because they are on during the trader wave. there is no option to turn them on and off when I want. So i had to just come up with a way "the pods are printing weapons on their auto cycle" And also thats why no respawns. Because i cant trigger the trader wave. In my kf1 mission maps, I would toggle the trader wave to respawn and activate shop. However as soon as i put a custom ZED into the map on kf2 it thnks its boss wave, so i cant clear out all the zeds, and trigger a trader wave

Upvote 0
Really cool level design. Good atmosphere & use of emmiters. The storage chamber has a cool feel -although the static clots make me think of sone sort of stasis.

I downloaded the updated version but haven't played it; rather I played it on a random normal survival server. Unfortunately the AI pathing was really bad & the Zeds frequently packed at any fully-opened door and began circling before it but seemed unable to pass through. This issue maybe resolved in your update but I'd check your pathing and make sure all doors have Chokepoint Door actors attached. I also had noticed these spawning issues. I actually quit the server because despite waiting in one spot for 2-3mins, then circling the map 2-3times I couldn't find the last Zed.

Upvote 0