• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Map KF-Caged

Vampcinda

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 1, 2015
KF-Caged
You and your team are caged like animals in a zed-infested facility with nowhere to go...

A simple little ~10 hour project I made along with some suggestions from my brother, that began as a "what if?" idea. The premise, in all its simplicity, is that the players are locked inside a small cage with no where to go, while the zed swarm in from all sides.

--> YouTUBE <--
showcase video

The zeds will come marching along paths outside of the cage, allowing you to gun many of them down before they breach the inside through the ceiling. With some skill and well-placed shots you can eliminate big zeds like Scrakes and fleshpounds before they even get close to you. But watch your backs, they come from all sides!

Most of the map is destructible walls that get shot to pieces as the map progresses and looks really cool in the later waves.

I've had this map finished for several weeks but been unsure whether I wanted to publish it because it is so simple, and it also has performance issues with flex and gibs enabled due to all the zeds converging on the same area, making for a huge amount of gore flying around very quickly.

So I have decided to release the map even though I feel it is a bit "meh" overall, rather than leave it to gather dust in the cellar and never see the light of day. Who knows, maybe it can be a lot more fun with a full team running around in a collective panic while FPs and Scrakes swarm their little prison cell.

Have fun! :D

Last edited:
Nice job. Every map has an audience. Not every map has to be a perfect urban street. It's a game after all so indulge your "What If" side and if the mood takes you then go for it. Maps are like movies some you see over and over and some are great the first time.
Very wise words, TOPSGT, thank you very much for the encouragement :eek:

Good job :) I got the Patriarch at the end and got my s**t kicked in!

Here, have a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjOQR8dhvwQ
And thank you for another wonderful video playthrough, Scarbeus! Watching you play is as lovely as ever, even when getting pummeled by the Patty :D

Upvote 0