• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Key bindings not working?

Loopygoop

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 24, 2020
I purchased Killing Floor 2 on May 23rd of 2020 because my friends have been playing it and i wanted to play with them. When I got into the game i commented on how i didn't like that i had to run out of ammo and then try to fire again to reload.
After a long debate (And them telling me i was dumb in so few words) we discovered that beyond W,A,S,D for movement, F, for flashlight, Left and right click, and Q for self heal. None of my key bindings worked. (Note, in chat every key works just fine when im typing)

The first thing i tried was binding reload (R) to a button i knew worked (W the former forward movement button) Reloading still didn't work.
I tried this with all of the keys that didn't work (Binding them to ones that did) And still received the same outcome, bash, reload, grenades etc. They just do not work.
I plugged in a controller assuming it was something with my keyboard maybe. On a controller even, i can't reload, or bash or anything that isn't aim, shoot, move, heal.
I have uninstalled the game, i have repaired the game files, i have booted it up with AND without my controller plugged in. I have reset all key bindings and nothing is working.

I am looking for help in this because this is the only game where i have experienced this issue. (i play WoW and LoL, Doom and Heros of hammerwater with keyboard) I haven't had any issues and i'm wondering what can be done to help remedy this. I very much want to play the game but i'm realistically not able to.

All of the forums i've looked at haven't yielded results.