• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Just an update, please

Stukadriver

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 14, 2011
Maine
The Rising Storm game is excellent, obviously just my opinion...seems to be much more brutal than RO2...maybe because I have not yet had the opportunity to play as much as I want, but certainly is a challenging series of maps and battles...looking forward to its growth like RO2 Stalingrad. My question/comment to all the veterans of this game who keep up to date with all the game/software/updates/changes that come down the pike...have there been eliminations of some maps? I do not see Gumrak like I used to...and even though many think the tank portion of RO2 was lacking, I found it to be very good and a great switch every now and then from being infantry. So...I guess my question is...with the addition of Rising Storm, have limitations caused the removal of some maps and other features?
Thanks.

Gumrak has never been played much. Pure tanking isn't of interest to the majority of the player base.

It's not the playerbase that's not interested, it's RO2 tanking mode that it's weird, absurd and an alpha version of what should have been.

No tanks to play, 1 map (Arad it wasn't from the ''gold'' release, but added by the comunity mappack, 1 year later after the release) and constant glitches; since now, we've got the mis-aligned sights, a very annoying aiming bug. They simply forgot about RO2 to push Rising storm sales, trying to let unexperienced people to work for them, with the map pack 1 (almost finished) and 2 (started few weeks ago)

Upvote 0
Gumrak has never been played much. Pure tanking isn't of interest to the majority of the player base.

Please, say it right - Tanking in RO2 leaves a great deal to be desired when compared to what we had in RO/DH/MN. Its more a matter of disappointed than not interested. Simply put, RO2/RS needs more vehicles.

Upvote 0
Please, say it right - Tanking in RO2 leaves a great deal to be desired when compared to what we had in RO/DH/MN. Its more a matter of disappointed than not interested. Simply put, RO2/RS needs more vehicles.
I believe that even if tanking was improved, there still wouldn't be much of an interest in tank maps. Think beyond the forum.

Upvote 0
obviously people don't want to drive around in massive steal beasts and blow each other up on maps that are 3x bigger than bridges because they can do that in every 08/15 game that is currently on the market.

....Think beyond T-34/76, PzKpfw IV G and the horrible tanking mechanics.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
As I addressed in another thread. We decided to focus on smaller, more polished releases now (similar to how we released the various stages of the original RO mod and then the retail title) then to try and get everything all in one go.

There were experiments with tanks in RS (as anybody with the editor can tell you), but they didn't fit the scope of our final release.

Upvote 0
I believe that even if tanking was improved, there still wouldn't be much of an interest in tank maps. Think beyond the forum.

Not only do I think beyond the forum, I do beyond the forum. RGN has its own forums too and from there a great deal of info is gleaned. Additionally, how many FPS GAME Servers do you own/operate and obtain user/player opinions from on a daily basis?

I'm not grabbing tidbits out of the thin air. Add more vehicles to RO2/RS and the players will come.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Not only do I think beyond the forum, I do beyond the forum. RGN has its own forums too and from there a great is gleaned. Additionally, how many FPS GAME Servers do you own/operate and obtain user/player opinions from on a daily basis?

I'm not grabbing ticbits out of the thin air. Add more vehicles to RO2/RS and the players will come.

Pretty much this. I don't see how more content (especially content that is an integral part of the RO experience) can = less people.

Upvote 0
As I addressed in another thread. We decided to focus on smaller, more polished releases now (similar to how we released the various stages of the original RO mod and then the retail title) then to try and get everything all in one go.

There were experiments with tanks in RS (as anybody with the editor can tell you), but they didn't fit the scope of our final release.

I don't think anybody expected tanks in RS, we did expect more and better tanks in HoS,but we didn't get them.

Upvote 0
Can you guys imagine how many vehicles we would've had in RO2 by now only if they kept the RO1 system in place? I say at least 10 to 14. Personally i'd scrap this whole new tanking system and go back to RO1 style. It would be even easier for modders to make more vehicles, not as complex as it is now. Modeling a tank is not the problem...a skilled artist can make one in about a week, it's the damn pain in the arse animation system, and if the animation set-up was easier (i.e. RO1 , we'd have a vehicle every month or so.

But hey whateva. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I don't think anybody expected tanks in RS, we did expect more and better tanks in HoS,but we didn't get them.

Yeah, I think that too, RS maps aren't made for tank fights, they are made for ferocious infantry fights and CQB... And I agree with you about HoS, I expected a bit more, I can't say I'm happy but neither I am disappointed

Upvote 0