• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Isn't it a b*tch...

Stukadriver

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 14, 2011
Maine
...when you get hit by an anti-tank rifle?
(I just titled it that way to hopefully have someone answer a couple more newbie questions)...
Artillery...maybe I am the only one who experienced this during "training"? I thought that as a Squad Leader, you would use your binoculars to locate a target, then you had to run back to where a radio set was located to place a call for artie...the training session I repeated only had the avatar look through his glasses, press the mouse button, and in came the shells. Then, when I tried that in single player, no artillery would respond. What is the correct way to call in artillery? Also...smoke...do just the SL's and Commanders have smoke to throw? Sometimes it seemed that everyone has smoke and other times very few do.
Finally...when someone calls for ammo, or says they are low on ammo...how do you know where they are? I was told to listen for where they called from, but that doesn't seem to be effective.
Thanks for your help. :eek:

you mark the target with the binos, then get to a radio and call mortars, arty or rockets. i'm not sure if squad leaders can do it. i only mark arty for the commander when i play squad leader. then he can call it, without getting killed trying to mark it.
sl's and tl's are the only ones with smoke, if you ever see it on the ground grab it and use it.
ask them. there's no other way i can see to find them easy.

Upvote 0
Both SL and TL can mark artillery, either with binoculars or by holding 'F' and right-clicking.

Only the TL can call the artillery in, using the radios.

You can find a machine gunner who has asked for ammo by holding 'T' to bring up your tactical display and looking around. The machine gunner's location will be shown by an ammo drum symbol and some text, along with how many ammo drums he has left.

Upvote 0