• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Info] Is this a joke?

It really is a joke.

I bought the boxed retail game a couple days after release and all the disk has on it is 2.4 out of the 8 gigs of the whole game.

I've been told it's because a lot of the game has been changed so I need to download the rest but are you kidding?

I payed 10 dollars more for the damn physical disk and as soon as I try to play it I basically have to download a game I already have? It's not as if months or even a week passed between its release and me trying to play it.

It's a farce. I basically payed 10 dollars more for a jewel case and a useless plastic disk! It doesn't even have the decency to come with a proper manual.

Upvote 0
I have an i7 and a gtx 580, i should not run this like a 4 year old computer. ALSO whats more upsetting is that the beta ran a lot better for me. I could even stream it without any issues. Now it barely makes it to 60 FPS and when it does its GLORIOUS (even if it means looking at a blank wall) . What changed in the retail release that made it take a step back. I want to know that.

Upvote 0
I have an i7 and a gtx 580, i should not run this like a 4 year old computer. ALSO whats more upsetting is that the beta ran a lot better for me. I could even stream it without any issues. Now it barely makes it to 60 FPS and when it does its GLORIOUS (even if it means looking at a blank wall) . What changed in the retail release that made it take a step back. I want to know that.

It is just not optimised to use such resources i guess.

Upvote 0
lol you're really not. Threads like these are just full of the vocal minority who can't run the game well. The other 90% of the community is too busy playing the game.

I also laugh every time I check my subscribed topics, and see the name of this one.

I can picture average RO2 player when he first fired up RO2 and lolwooooooot that followed - not totally unlike the lolwoooooooot of the Germans when Operation Uranus began :IS2: :IS2: :IS2:

Upvote 0
I've never really played any fps game, but this one looked to good to be true. The realistic settings, the tactics, all of it music to my ears so I just had to get it and damn I do enjoy the game a LOT..........when it is working properly. :/

My sound just dies when a new map is loaded..
my controls randomly change in the middle of a battle (seems to keep switching between azerty and qwerty keyboard layout for no reason)
the game crashes quite frequently
servers don't always show up
stats are ****ed
maps are bugged
cover system is very wonky

I'm sorry, I love the whole story behind tripwire growing out of a simple mod community and give you mad props for getting where you are now.

But it really is not acceptable to release a game in such a sad state. In beta I could easily live with the bugs, that's why it's a beta after all but in the official release? Should have delayed release rather then throw this on the market like it is.

Luckily, you are one of the few game devs I trust that will patch and keep on patching. But for now I'm going to put this game in the freezer, because having to restart/reconfigure controls every 10 minutes is just not fun to play anymore

THE KEYBOARD THING IS WINDOW 7 and your keyboard, i had the same thing
in window 7 there a program to fix that
most of the other stuff your right about
but the game is playable
and it take a long time to learn how to play
Iam not telling you not to *****
i ***** alot too just look at my posts
But understand you talking about a small group of guys that do work hard to fix things
not some big a&& game company
For you guys yelling about SLI and Crossfire , TWI does not write video drivers
i run a little cheap AMD cpu with a 6950 and get 60 to 40 fps
if your running a I7 and 2 high end video cards in SLI
you most know in most games it does not work
so your mad because you spent alot of money on something that only good for a few games

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm starting to feel the same...it's a bloody joke.

Still the same issues plague the gameplay,

- it's laggy as soon as 20ppl are on, let alone 50-60 and god forbid an arty strike as well. I've seen the pings climb to 1000+ on local servers. A full friggen second of lag!
- It's crashing quite regularly
- The sound is bugging up, again, quite regularly.
- Stats aren't saving properly, some do some don't.
- The browser still won't update if you go back to it after a bothced join or any other reason
- Sometimes you just don't respawn for whaterver reason; need to select your class again
- Day-1 updates are still nowhere in sight
- You can't clearly select an arty target
- Putting an arty target location down through a broken window puts it on your own head (!!)
- sometimes you can see through things, sometimes shoot though solid concrete stuff (eg stairs) with a pistol or any other weapon.

I'm sure there's more, but this should be enough for a start.
This game should not have been released in this state.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Other bugs:

-Select tank commander with no teammates allowed into my tank. At spawn someone else's tank just explodes, that player is INSTANTLY teleported into my tank. Then we die, I open class menu again and select "no teammates allowed in tank" and still the same guy gets in.
-Class selection lag; maybe 10% of all times when I join a server I choose and available class and either I don't get to spawn because it's taken (but does not show!), or it IS available and I get the spawn countdown over and over again until I either spawn or have to choose a different class.
-Often times not all classes are available, like don't exist on the list. Spawn as someone else... wait 1 minute... open up the class menu and OMFG other classes DO exist!
-People freeze up when they get shot. I shoot a guy 10 times and he's just frozen, then dies a minute later.
-Round start countdown or after round ended some people keep running around (even before round starts!"), happens to me sometimes.
-Arty gets "used up" say after one strike in Spartanovka. No more arty countdown, it's just blocked.
-Animation fail, could not get a screenshot though - machinegunner was backwards (leaning away from machinegun, with hands behind his back).
-Maybe not a bug, but irritating as hell: in places like Spartanovka, the radio on the east side (and all other radios), when you use it you CAN'T use a weapon unless you are 1-2 meters away from it. Now WHY would you make this block? If I am somewhere in the f*cking open and need to cover myself while I call in arty, WHY O WHY can't I use my gun??? If it's ment to simulate using a radio, like with both hands so you can't be shooting, WHY is this then possible if you move slightly away? And WHY if I have a different class (not a commander) does the same s*it still happen? IS IT SURROUNDED BY AN INVISIBLE FIELD??? Thank God we don't have a radio tower in the game, otherwise you'd have to be 100 meters away from it to use your guns... seriously... why?
-Red October factory, maybe some other places too, your tank can get shot at IN THE SPAWN!!!
-Same map, german tank right after spawning can driver between two carriages, over some rails. But be careful! It CAN drive over rails, but NOT where they end! I can imagine it now, like an IRL compendium of RO2 bugs:

"Herr Gruppenf

Upvote 0
I DISAGREE with OP​

The game runs pretty good and a few bugs here and there but it's VERY stable + playable.

Weapon class level system
Honor system discourages griefers and tk's
Good cover system, I like not having to show myself to shoot...

Surpressing FIRE!!​

As you upgrade in weapon skill you get small bonuses to things like Reload time, Steadiness..etc.. Not selectable perks just natural progression towards a more aquired skill use of each weapon.

TEAMWORK IS REQUIRED more than in other games FINALLY!

Satisfying gore level :D

No more sniper fest :)

These next ones are my favorite aspects of multiplayer.
-
You rarely get spawn killed.
You rarely spawn direCtly in front Of an enemy solDier with my back to him, thus being shot in the spine and dying again...

There is more but you get the point and need to go play the game. Go on 50 or less player servers, if you're on 64 it might lag. It does for me. Is it the game? NO its the free, public...FREE servers and your PC.

BOOM HEADSHOT! :IS2:

Upvote 0
I DISAGREE with OP​

The game runs pretty good and a few bugs here and there but it's VERY stable + playable.

Weapon class level system
Honor system discourages griefers and tk's
Good cover system, I like not having to show myself to shoot...

Surpressing FIRE!!​

As you upgrade in weapon skill you get small bonuses to things like Reload time, Steadiness..etc.. Not selectable perks just natural progression towards a more aquired skill use of each weapon.

TEAMWORK IS REQUIRED more than in other games FINALLY!

Satisfying gore level :D

No more sniper fest :)

These next ones are my favorite aspects of multiplayer.
-
You rarely get spawn killed.
You rarely spawn direCtly in front Of an enemy solDier with my back to him, thus being shot in the spine and dying again...

There is more but you get the point and need to go play the game. Go on 50 or less player servers, if you're on 64 it might lag. It does for me. Is it the game? NO its the free, public...FREE servers and your PC.

BOOM HEADSHOT! :IS2:

I had to qoute this, jesus...this proves my point about what public is this game made for...

I decided I wont play this until they fix it. It just pisses me off.

If some would like to trade for Arma:OA pm me.

see ya

Upvote 0
I had to qoute this, jesus...this proves my point about what public is this game made for...

I decided I wont play this until they fix it. It just pisses me off.

If some would like to trade for Arma:OA pm me.

see ya

I had to quote this too. I understand your frustration. You pay for a product and want to working. Perfectly reasonable. Lots of work goes into games these days and at the rate TWI is patching this game they are working hard. No doubt there.

I'll keep playing and will get into the mod scene once it's up and running.

You need to take some chill pills. I know a guy, he'll hook you up.

Upvote 0