• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Info] Is this a joke?

Here we go profiling again!

How bout we prove that in both cases it was the same people demanding refunds before posting such an ignorant statement. No matter what TW does someone or someones will always have an issue with it. The problem here is people that looked forward and were patient for this release are simply having a ****ty time even playing.

That was my point, they can't win either way, I never said it was the same people.

But actually now that you bring it up, I'd wager to say if you did look back, a large majority of the people complaining about bugs now were the same people complaining when the game was delayed, the ones threatening to call the BBB and Steam to get a refund because they had to wait a whole two weeks extra. I'd also say it's a safe bet that this same group of people who just had to have the beta, didn't submit a single bug report the entire time. So you're having a ****ty time running the game at launch? It's not like this is the final build of the game and it's never going to be updated again. I understand being frustrated with issues getting the game to run but every game launch is buggy, some more than others, and if you're that unhappy with how the game is now and are unwilling to wait on patches then go the route of the refund/BBB/righteously indignant crew.

Hell, at least TWI will actually address posts like this, I bought a certain THQ/Relic game last week that has a bug that literally won't let me progress past the 12th chaper of the game without starting all the way over, you know what their response was? Nothing. Not even a half-assed "make sure your video drivers are up to date" copy and paste response, don't even get me started on their horrible P2P-based multilayer full of people with open mics that you have no option to disable, playing music that spills into the rest of the team's speakers culminating into the screeching echo from hell - and that's on top of a audio stuttering problem that multiplies the sound of every gunshot/grenade/death into hundreds of copies and makes the game sound like a world war when two people are shooting at each other, much less 16.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
We paid a team of modders to make a sequel to one of our favorite mod-turned-into-game, Red Orchestra: Ost Front.

They released the first 100% public version of that sequel, and it's very buggy.

Like (almost) all first public version of mods.

It will become something good and won't be left in that poor state, because we gave them some of our money, so the devs aren't going to get a job elsewhere.

I still trust them.

If they don't betray us, they'll act like modders : frequent updates, listening to the community, new content for free.

I pre-ordered two Natural Selection 2 licenses (one for me, one for bro), and in the latest build (185), they removed features and added new ones (missed some of them...), I went from 40 fps (on the previous build) to 5-10 (with frequent freeze), tweaking the video settings changed nothing.

I'll wait for the next build.

One year after the first beta release, the game is still bugged, unbalanced and nowhere close to a stable release.

I still have hope that one day, I'll be enjoying a good Natural Selection game.

I still trust them.

If there's no room for indie developers doing something more complex than a platformer/puzzle game, I'll be glad to have participated to that utopian project of having AAA-like indie games.

The day I'll lose any hope regarding independent developers, I'll stop gaming.

Upvote 0
That's pretty much completely false. :IS2:

I paid $30 and got a product that does not work properly, and I know I'm not the only one in this boat.

I have played free mods that are more functional than RO2 is in its current state.

It's SO obvious that this was rushed for the 13th. Having played the beta from start to finish it's very easy to see this.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Fair enough, there are some issues we are working to fix. But to call us amateurs is an unmitigated lie.

All we ask is a little patience. If you are having issues with crashing, please post your dump files at the link below along with some details about the issues you are having.

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=57714

We can't help fix the issues unless we have some cooperation from the people that are experiencing them.

Upvote 0
Fair enough, there are some issues we are working to fix. But to call us amateurs is an unmitigated lie.

All we ask is a little patience. If you are having issues with crashing, please post your dump files at the link below along with some details about the issues you are having.

We can't help fix the issues unless we have some cooperation from the people that are experiencing them.

Why didn't you fix this issues before launch? Why is the cover system buggy and useless?

Upvote 0
Why didn't you fix this issues before launch? Why is the cover system buggy and useless?

Exactly! Why didn't you wave your magic coding wand and make all the issues disappear? Are you merely toying with our affections like a beautiful, coy heiress? Everyone knows that bugfixing and optimization is as easy as looking at the code and COMMANDING it in a LOUD AND POWERFUL VOICE to function properly on every conceivable system configuration.

Why do you curse us so when these problems are so trivial to fix?

Upvote 0
Yeah

Yeah

I must agree with this disappointing playing the "game release" it still feels like beta release Tripwire if you guys read this you should of knocked the date back till the game is complete all gaming company should not release a half wrote game. But I don't care about the the "hard eared money" so long as the game gets finnished and that im supporting Tripwire then i will be happy but future notice Tripwire please dont do that again I want to Love not hate im still on your side comrade!

Upvote 0
Exactly! Why didn't you wave your magic coding wand and make all the issues disappear? Are you merely toying with our affections like a beautiful, coy heiress? Everyone knows that bugfixing and optimization is as easy as looking at the code and COMMANDING it in a LOUD AND POWERFUL VOICE to function properly on every conceivable system configuration.

Why do you curse us so when these problems are so trivial to fix?

We are all out of magic wands, I'm afraid. :eek:

---------

It's been said many times, not every bug can be fixed instantly, for every system. That's a lot to ask from a small company.

Upvote 0
Because as many people that preordered the DDE and were happy waiting for a delay because they had access to the beta, there were at least 10 more itching for the release with the regular edition. If they delayed any more they're competing with the big fall releases, and they'd lose a lot of interest. Plus, you can only do so much with a beta format. Now that the full product is in our hands, we can tell them exactly what isn't working across the board, and give them a much better idea of what needs fixing and what works well with a much broader base of players (i.e. everyone who pre-ordered as opposed to just the DDE folks).

And again, I can name dozens of other games released in -far- worse states than RO2. It's just the nature of PC game development.

Upvote 0
lets try things a different way. ill tell you my computer specs an you tell me how to run the game without problems, ok ?

i have an i7 3.0 ghz
asus gtx570 oc
asus rampage 2 mobo
9mb of ram at 1300mh
creative soundblaster x-fi extreme
os windows 7 64 home premium

now tell me what of the listed above is making my game not run correctly, if its not my hardware then its your pos game and fix it.:mad:

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=57714http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=57714

Reactions: Pioska
Upvote 0

With all due respect (and trust me, I respect you and your company A LOT because I am a budding game developer), beta testing needs to be done by beta testers, not the consumer. I completely understand that you are a small studio, but I really get this feeling that Tripwire, like many other companies have done, are using the community to beta test for them to save money and have an earlier launch date, and that is why you're getting all these complaints.

Heck, I'm sure that my start up team of game devs will one day cut corners to get a product out, it's normal, so I can't judge too much, but if I may be so blunt, your Project Manger/Producer made some very bad game decisions that seriously hurt. The one that sticks out the most is modeling the interior of tanks, where the one guy said that it increased development time considerably. Honestly, that was money and time wasted, and now with the release there are only 2 tanks available. Tankers are more pissed at the fact that they can't get out of tanks. I also don't know who paid for the Russian trip, but if it was done with company money, then that to me was an unnecessary expense, but naturally it could have come out of the pockets of those who wanted to go, if that's the case then disregard. I don't know how much your company paid for the sound guy, but that's another case where it sounds like he was expensive because he is well known. These things just stick out to me as not so good management of resources.

Listen, I like this game. It's definitely not what I expected but it definitely has a lot of features that have been implemented very well and I really enjoy them. I have minor gripes that are entirely related to gameplay decisions rather than "just being broken". Those are things I can forgive and which I can hopefully fix via modding, so it's all good. I think the programmers, artists, and level designers are very very skilled and I am impressed with their work. I think the Producers/Project Managers are the ones who didn't do a very good job, as some of these features seem incomplete and some of the other decisions are also very suspect.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
lets try things a different way. ill tell you my computer specs an you tell me how to run the game without problems, ok ?

i have an i7 3.0 ghz
asus gtx570 oc
asus rampage 2 mobo
9mb of ram at 1300mh

now tell me what of the listed above is making my game not run correctly, if its not my hardware then its your pos game and fix it.:mad:

They would -love- to, because if they knew they could fix a myriad of issues for a lot of people. You can't just "fix" something. It's not a car where you can look at it and easily identify which mechanical parts have failed. It's like looking at a huge math problem that takes up 5-6 whiteboards and trying to figure out where you forgot a negative sign or added when you should have subtracted. It's an ugly process.

Be patient.

Upvote 0

i have an i7 3.0 ghz
asus gtx570 oc
asus rampage 2 mobo
9mb of ram at 1300mh

Why would it be your hardware? I have a 2600K, 12GB and a 570 and in terms of fps it's flawless. It's possibly all the junk / antivirus / windows crap you have installed.

Upvote 0
i know there nothing wrong with my computer i was making the point and getting them to admit they made a ****y game that does not run correctly. if arma 2oa can be maxed out ro2hos should not be killing my system.

Why would it be your hardware? I have a 2600K, 12GB and a 570 and in terms of fps it's flawless. It's possibly all the junk / antivirus / windows crap you have installed.

Upvote 0