• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Info] Is this a joke?

This EU3 exe fix does not fix anything unless this is your first video game on a PC and you've never installed DirectX.

If you are on Windows 7 or Vista DirectX 9 is not part of either. Default is DX 11.

EU3Redist.exe installs both Visual Studio 2008 runtimes and DirectX 9 files needed for games that require them.

Upvote 0
But if you've played any game from 2011, again, than you probably already have those (I did).

Wouldn't change performance, either, since you have to have them to actually run the game in the first place.

On first day of Release of RO2 Beta many had CTD or game not running and it was because their installer did not properly run the EU3Redist.exe. The fix was to run it manually. Then they fixed it upon one of their patches during the beta.

Besides my response was to the person who asked me personally where the files were amongst this thread.

Upvote 0
Fair enough, there are some issues we are working to fix. But to call us amateurs is an unmitigated lie.

All we ask is a little patience. If you are having issues with crashing, please post your dump files at the link below along with some details about the issues you are having.

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=57714

We can't help fix the issues unless we have some cooperation from the people that are experiencing them.

Not calling you out Putz, but what good is people posting there specs? I can recall how many of these threads popped up during beta. There have been dumps galore, and yet still nothing. How can you justify having a bleeding edge PC and obtain an all time high of 30 FPS?

People seriously need to stop blaming there hardware and themselves and do what every QC employee is taught. If it isn't the hardware, look no further than the software. And I guarantee you that my hardware is beyond sufficient.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If it works in Minecraft, you're sold.

Putz if your general attitude is anything like TWI... its dissapointing and now clear why the game is in its current state.

Having a staff member taking the p*ss amongst customers that are not happy with the product that YOU are selling sums you and your team up... if its not TWI's attitude... well then i think TWI managment needhttp://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/member.php?u=52 to review some of its "staff".

For all other customers in this thread, i cant believe none of you have said anything. Look back at his posts in here and tell yourself "Does he look like he is taking my opinion as a customer seriously!? and do i trust him or his company to make my next game".

As a moderator and staff member you should be monitoring, maintaining and providing support to your customers. Not ignoring, taking the mick out of and joking with someone else amongst customers who are having problems with the game.

Discracefull.

Reactions: Big Noyd
Upvote 0
Putz if your general attitude is anything like TWI... its dissapointing and now clear why the game is in its current state.

Having a staff member taking the p*ss amongst customers that are not happy with the product that YOU are selling sums you and your team up... if its not TWI's attitude... well then i think TWI managment needhttp://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/member.php?u=52 to review some of its "staff".

For all other customers in this thread, i cant believe none of you have said anything. Look back at his posts in here and tell yourself "Does he look like he is taking my opinion as a customer seriously!? and do i trust him or his company to make my next game".

As a moderator and staff member you should be monitoring, maintaining and providing support to your customers. Not ignoring, taking the mick out of and joking with someone else amongst customers who are having problems with the game.

Discracefull.

Have to say I agree with Ice here. The mods/devs who post on here have a very defensive attitude, and seem to blame the problems the game has with the fact that they are a small studio and the fanboys on this forum seem willing to point fingers and proclaim users are trolls.

If the studio is too small and are not capable of releasing a quality product, then why do you charge the same price as the major developers?

Upvote 0
Completely agree, I've only checked a few threads so far but I posted in the one about the server browser cutting out people's internet to the same effect. I wasn't even really sure if PUTZ was actually part of the staff or not considering his attitude. Should the QA guy really be the first to put the blame on everyone else?

I understand you guys are getting a lot of flak right now, but there's no reason to be so unprofessional.

That said the game is cool, I enjoy playing it and it actually runs fairly smooth for me once I can get in a server. There are bugs though and I do think the cover system could have used more work.

Upvote 0
No, I'm still here, at the office, trying to sort out many of these issues. (another 14 hour-day, after 93 hours of overtime in the past 2 weeks) Don't think for a second we aren't working hard on these issues.

I'm also trying to be a human. We aren't robots.

+1

A bit of communcation along the line of the customer in anyway thats positive... go's A LONG WAY.

EDIT: I realised i was a bit of a c*ck in my last post and was angry, however it held a valid point.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
No, I'm still here, at the office, trying to sort out many of these issues. (another 14 hour-day, after 93 hours of overtime in the past 2 weeks) Don't think for a second we aren't working hard on these issues.

I'm also trying to be a human. We aren't robots.

Please give more feedback like this. I keeps me one step away from asking for a refund knowing that things are being worked on.

Upvote 0