• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Is there any way to slightly modify a stock map?

yasha

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 25, 2018
Hello.
I would like to modify a stock map, only to change, for example, game mode, total tickets numer or some Kismet scripts. Is there any way to do this?
I have already tried to open, for example, VNTE-CuChi from BrewedPC in RS2 SDK, changed some scripts, then saved it to CookedPC in Documents. I haven't changed any other levels, such as ART or FX, I haven't touched them in the SDK, so I have saved only VNTE-CuChi2, for example. Then I cook it, and I have a VNTE-CuChi2.roe file in Published. Am I doing right?

I am a complete novice and I've only ever edited the stock training map for someone who wanted to play it on a server with others. I just cooked the map with everything and put it all into a new folder, when that same person asked me to edit the helicopter training map I was at a dead end because I have no idea how to deal with editing things saved in other levels of a map.

I just have a folder like this for that training map I edited:
7woIHd2.png

All I edited was the game mode so it would run in TE for multiplayer.

Last edited:
Reactions: yasha
Upvote 0