• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Is it possible?

halbridious

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 6, 2011
Michigan (USA)
Now that finals are over, and the summer has begun, i have a lot of time on my hands. And friends are clamoring for an MG for killing floor :) In order to balance it, however, we thought it would be best to create a custom CLASS. When it comes to making the MG itself, we can make it work. But Is it possible to make a custom perk? Is that kind of thing hard-coded or could i make an extension of Marco's Server Perks? My summer project hinges on the answer :D

Now that finals are over, and the summer has begun, i have a lot of time on my hands. And friends are clamoring for an MG for killing floor :) In order to balance it, however, we thought it would be best to create a custom CLASS. When it comes to making the MG itself, we can make it work. But Is it possible to make a custom perk? Is that kind of thing hard-coded or could i make an extension of Marco's Server Perks? My summer project hinges on the answer :D

Extension of Marco's Server Perks...

Quite easy to code one :p

I thought Netsky and WPC are already making an MG?

Upvote 0
I dont want a bren gun because it adds little new to KF. It'd be a reskin of the scar with more power. An M249 Saw is an entirely new gun, and the way i'm going to set it up, it will require a distinctive play-style, much like the firebug has. I don't want another low-ammo assault weapon like that version of the bren, where it has 30? rounds a mag.

Upvote 0
The idea is that at high perk level they'd have a max of 80 rounds. which sounds like alot, but at that point it will be doing something a little lower than the AK damage, but at firespeed/recoil rates closer to the MP7. Therefore, it'll be harder to use than just spray and pray, because your gonna be shooting the moon if you do that :p And just for fun, i thought i'd try and give the new class a new "ability" - an ammo dump :) To prevent it from ruining the "watch-your-ammo-or-you-die" feeling KF has on harder difficulties, it'd be on a timer/charge up that'd take 30 seconds or so, meaning that you might be able to save one or two people but not keep everyone at full ammo all the time, which would just be lame :p

Upvote 0
I remember that one Goo, and i thought i read that they'd finished it but didn't release it. I'm still gonna go thru with my project tho :p but if they do release it we can add it to the custom perk i intend to make (goddamn i've piled a crapload onto my plate, haven't i :/)

Nah, its not finished i think..

SiE has no more time...

Is your perk like, Support Gunner or something?

Upvote 0
I have no idea what to call it since "support" is taken :p The perk would be called "tank" in most games, but i don't wanna give it that kind of flavor, know what i mean? Essentially, its going to be like support but with different weapon perks and some other stuff to help balance the MG, like a move speed reduction. It will have higher carry weight tho - i wanna make the MG 15 kg, so only support classes can use it, and support wont have any recoil bonus or anything. I don't wanna see this in the hands of an SS with their headshot boost or anything, cause that'd become OP faster than you can say "ah".

Upvote 0
It'd be a reskin of the scar with more power.

I'd rethink that.

And why are people so insistent on using America's own armory in the first game set entirely in the UK for bloody ages? If you want an LMG, consider the British GPMG at least.

gpmg001.jpg

L7A2.jpg

It's cool that people wanna add stuff to the game and they do do a good job, but it's not so cool to see them going out of their way to add stuff from Medal of Duty: Call of Honour.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I picked it out carefully for a reason Gibby. i'm not even modeling it - i gave a list of choices to a friend who picked the m249 as the one he wanted to model. But suck it up. I didn't pick it because it was in cod, or arma, or CSS or any other retarded game. IT WAS PICKED BECAUSE ITS THE GUN THE TEAM WANTED! Gimme a better reason or shut up. Oh, and the bren gun fires slower than the SCAR, has within 10 ammo count, and uses a slightly larger round. So, its a puffed up verion of the scar.

Reactions: Gooblaster
Upvote 0